View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 09:22 AM   #36
Steve Stasko

Liked 230 Times in 121 Posts
Default Re: 1967-68 SS/C-D Hemi B-Body: Cold Air or Flat Hood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Patrol View Post
Hi Steve - please see the following..

65 A990 Race Hemis - Car, Driver, Team

* Mrs Bee’s Hemi - Jim Thornton Never saw where Thornton drove this? I know Bill Stiles did - I understood this was an ex- RC car? Mrs B's Hemi was a Plymouth. They had a '64 Hardtop, and a '65 A990

* Giddy up a go go - Big Ed Seems to be a jumble on Holwick's car and Ed Knezevich? Both were from Ohio and already listed here - to clarify..Mr Ed was Ed Knisovich...Might Quick was Nick Knisovich? Correct. Ed had a Dodge, Nick a Plymouth...both A990 cars

*Smith & Sons, Cartollton, Ohio - Any idea on the driver? Larry 'Doc' Dixon...same guy that drove for the Rod Shop later

* Jerry Maycock - McKay-Swift Dodge Did Maycock drive this? The Mckay-Swift car was Marshall Bell's car..."Bell Boys" -

- my bad....This was an A864 race car and driver - who was Marshall Bell? I know Maycock was tied in with Jim Fiske's '64 High & Mighty Dodge (not to be confused with the Ramchargers), but was unaware of him driving an A864 car either. The High & Mighty car came from Hartley Motors in Fredonia, NY

Thx.
Quote:
Actually...two queries! Which Outlaw became Koffels car....Sonny’s or Charles Doyle? Wayland's car was called the "Wayland Hemi" from Ohio...I have not been able to find any more info on that car. A few people remember it, but not much more
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked