View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 06:49 PM   #17
James Hensler

Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: Current SS A/H car in NNS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bailey View Post
James, several things (ideas) come to mind about converting your AH car to a NSS Index car. These are the same things we would check for in TECH - Rear Tires: spec size. Wheelie Bars: cannot extend beyond the rear bumper. Data Recorder: Not allowed. Digital Dash: Not allowed. Two Steps: Not allowed. Programmable Ignition Sytems: Not allowed. If equipped with Auto Trans: No electronic or Air shifters. Trans break only if using a toggle switch for reverse, no buttons allowed. Finally, you'd have to use a cast intake manifold and an engine diaper.... If I were you, I'd just consider running our Super Stock Eliminator program. Our indexes are 3 tenths softer than NHRA, and they're all run programs. You could back your car down and run very competitive without changing a thing. Same HP / Min weight as NHRA. .... Our NSS program and its racers are purest - to an extreme. Trust me, that class is self-policing, old school, foot breaking. And they intend to keep it that way! If you have any other questions, give me a call or stop by the NMCA Booth at the PRI show.
I read the rules and it said 2 steps for manual transmission only allowed?

Yeah too much to change otherwise