View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Pierce Jones

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default 1990 Corvette Stick Stocker

The car will be a 1990 Corvette and from what I can tell will fall into D, E or F/FI (IHRA). 3149 lbs + 170 lbs for the driver = 3319 lbs. The engine is currently (NHRA) rated at 260 HP, so 12.77 lbs/hp or a natural E/FI. From the quick checking I’ve done it appears that this could be a good combo. The L98 has a roller cam, aluminum heads and Tuned Port Injection. The Corvette has great weight distribution and a sleek body.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The car is actually a 1984 and had a Cross Fire Injected 400 ci small block backed by a 700 R4 and Dana 36. I’ve had the car for 13 years driving it to high school and college. It has also made lots of passes down the ¼ mile, with a best ET of 13.99. I painted the car 2 winters ago and planned to simple enjoy the car on the street until one September weekend the car wouldn’t start. That’s all the motivation I needed to turn it into a stocker.

While I’ve been driving my dad’s Stock and Super Stock cars for the past 12 years, this will be my first build. I’m a 29 year old Mechanical Engineer with some fabricating skills, limited tools, small garage and a new family, so cost (begin laughing here) will be a major consideration. My goal is to run 11.95 (12.40 Index IHRA) and I would like to have it on the track in 2014.

Hopefully you folks enjoy the build and can help me out along the way!
Pierce Jones is offline   Reply With Quote