View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
reknapp52

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Portatree Set up for S/G or S?ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
All NHRA events are either a .370 or .470 tree so always start there for your baseline. you can always add additional delay for independent races that might utilize a ,400 or .500 tree .
If you already have a base delay for your car you can start with that and adjust the rollout to bring your reaction times into the area of your average RT'S on the track .
Typical roll numbers can be between .220 and .260 depending on class ,horsepower ,chassis setup, and launch rpm.
My own car has a rollout of around .230 . and I typically need between .030 .040 delay.
Once you have a data base of actual track runs to compare to practice tree runs you can fine tune the roll settings .
If you are using it with the full size tree , Allison Doll recently posted about the Portatree ,or any practice tree , that you should try to position the tree to be as far away as the actual track tree to get a more realistic reaction to the lights.
I think in D5 the quick tree is only at National Events, the standard .400 and .500 tree is still used at Divisional and Regional? Can anyone confirm?
reknapp52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked