HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Johnny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Richard Bernier Indy Story...U gotta read this...

This story was originally posted on another website by Chris Lamb. I know a lot of D1 racers know Rich Bernier and respect his on the track abilities, but Rich has now taken his game to the next level. Here is a story that makes you glad to call Rich Bernier a friend. I am not sure if Rich will be at E-town next week, but if he is, take the time to thank him for his ultimate show of "Sportsman" racing. Oh, and if the NHRA is listening, Rich has my vote for sportsman racer of the year.

Posted by Chris Lamb:

"This is the ultimate show of class/sportmanship I have seen in all the racing that Justin Lamb has done.
Yesterday 2nd round of super comp at the US Nationals in Indy after 5 pairs and all of the 3rd round of super gas the NHRA discovered that the finish line foam block was not in line with the finish line lites so which ever car tripped the beam first would trip both lanes. Richard and Justin were 4th pair out Justin is .006 dead on with an .08 for a .14 tho package, Richard was .013 but it showed the win to Justin by .005. After 1 more pair they discovered the problem and decided to rerun all of super gas round 3 and all super comp pairs that had not been decided by a red lite.
About a 1/2 an hour after they sent the rest of the super comp cars still in the lanes back to the pits, Richard came over to Justins pit with his log book and let justin look at it and asked Justin what he thought Richard dragster was on the last pass, Justin figured it up and said it looked like a high .91 or low .92. Richard said he came up with the same he thought a 8.919 and told Justin " well I know that you won the round that they want us to rerun and I could stay around till later and have you win again or I could stay around and possibly win but then I would feel like sh-it so you won fair and square and I am packing up and going home, Goog Luck".
I have never seen anything like it. it just shows you what kind of people there are in dragracing. Talk about a good sportman

Chris Lamb
702-379-8286"
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Richard Bernier Indy Story...U gotta read this...

Very nice guy and definately a class act!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Rich is a good sportsman and a great young man to talk too. We have raced and I have also spoken to him on a few occasions and enjoyed speaking to him a great deal. He's from Virginia and so is the young man I bought my latest car from and he too was a fine young man to talk to and deal with........We need a lot more men like them......
Old 09-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #4
Travis Salter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know who he is but I respect the man for that. Very good sportsmanship.
Travis Salter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
Mark Schmidt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice touch and awesome sportsmanship.

I was on my convertor racing Edmond when the tree went nuts and they pulled us out of stage & tried to fix it. My only problem with the whole deal is I heard they told anyone who went red to go home. If you're going to offer a re-run to the WHOLE class, then re-run the WHOLE class. It is NHRA's responsibility to provide us with a functioning timing system and fair playing field, especially at the signature event, INDY. In my opinion it would have been the right thing to do to reinstate those who went red. I felt bad for those who were eliminated and didn't get the second shot. I believe they even let the car with the 2nd round bye have two bye runs so why not be fair with everyone?

Just my .02 cents worth.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
B CHILLIK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

their reason was because the fault was at the finish line,if you red lite,the finish line was of no concern in your race....the way i see it..it was played out pretty fair..just my .02
B CHILLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Mark....

the byes did not get reruns.....

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote