HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Project Junkyard Dog

I was working on an 82 Grand Prix, 252, and while up at my local wrecking yard for trim parts, in rolled a 79 Lesabre Sport Coupe. This is 1 of 3582 built in 79, all with a turbo V6 with a q-jet. I got the car for $200. Inspired by Billy Nees' project, as well as a post wanting to build a car all off ebay, project Junkyard Dog is born.

The goal, hit the Q/SA index, and do it with nothing but junkyard and ebay parts.

So far the parts pile has drug up an electric fan from a Taurus, electric water pump drive(used once and removed), 3.73 gears and a posi from an 80's pickup, Holley blue pump and regulator(new), old hurst ratchet shifter, used 10", 3000 stall converter, K&N cone filter, Sunpro tach, boost, and air/fuel gauges (from my ill-fated turbo Mopar) and a pair of 26x8.5x15 slicks I bought for $175 with only 8 passes on them.

I'm bidding on a new carb and MSD 6BTM on ebay now, and the turbo buick forum drug up a rebuilt turbo.

Here's my "before" pic, taken last week. There's 3" of fresh powder out now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	junkyard dog.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	14797  
Joe Toller is offline   Reply With Quote