HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2022, 11:28 PM   #1
5.9magnumjeep

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Default 92 ford ranger

Decided for my first build I will be doing my old daily driver clunker. Now that my Jeep has its complete shakedown done, the ranger has been officially retired from daily driving. It’s a 1992 ford ranger, 2.3l with manual trans, 2wd.

My plan as it sits…

Motor and tranny will get pulled, bores honed and mains line honed. Will be converting to auto. I believe with the proper rebuild, the 7.5 rear end will hold up for a stocker build.

But first things first, I need to go through the steering and replace worn components and get steering nice and tight. While I’m in there, I will be replacing all bushings with urethane. I’m going to try to get this portion of the build done before the weather turns and gets into our wet season.

I have been eyeballing energy suspensions urethane bushing kits. If anyone has any tips on these twin I beam suspensions, I’m all ears. This is my first race car build so I know things are a bit different as far as setup from stock.
5.9magnumjeep is offline   Reply With Quote