HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield
Default Re: S/C vs. S/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
.....you just can't keep everybody happy all of the time.....
Rock, you of all people should know by now that you can't make me happy ANY of the time, particularly when it comes to NHRA. I have made it my personal mission to destroy their evil empire single-handedly.

That said, my wife called me a curmudgeon a few nights ago. As per Dictionary.com, their definition of a curmudgeon is: "a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person." I think that suits me pretty well.

I'll now slip back into the shadows as this is obviously only a place where NHRA fan-boys can hang out, because clearly everything NHRA does is great, and one must only look at how we are treated today compared to our forefathers to recognize the divine entity that is NHRA.

On a serious note, I do appreciate your efforts Rock on the Sportsman Advisory Council as you clearly take this responsibility seriously, and actually listen to what people have to say.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: S/C vs. S/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
The cars in S/G and S/C routinely have more power than the cars running in S/S or even Comp (though there are obviously a few cars in Comp with VERY high hp). So, you could certainly argue that these are the cars that should run on prime track conditions, especially with most coming off the stop a few hundred feet out (where the traction is NOT as good as the starting line). And, with S/G cars having a shorter wheelbase than 99.9% of the cars in S/C, you could again argue that this is the class that should have 1st choice of run-time.

But, it's never going to go down like that because the way it works is that the guys that have the most money (on average per racer) get first choice of when they want to run (and where they want to pit). S/St, S/G, and S/C are all considered inferior classes to S/S and Comp primarily because the investment for an average competitive .90 car is less than an average S/S or Comp entry (though there are always outliers...for instance, the guys with Haas, Bickel, or RJ pro stock chassis racing in S/G).

So, my proposal would be the following:

1. Stock out first at 6am when it's dark and there's dew on the track. This will make them more interesting to watch as they skate around trying to get down the track. Plus, Billy Leber won't have to go to bed...he can just stay up all night like he usually does, and go to bed after he runs.

2. TA/D and TA/FC after Stock. Most of these guys don't get down the track anyway, and all the fluids they deposit on the track might actually be stickier than the dew.

3. S/St next. By this time is should be about 11am because it usually takes about 3+ hours to run a round of TA/D and TA/FC.

4. S/C - longer wheelbase means it's easier to get down the track with the same power than a shorter wheelbase S/G or fast S/S car.

5. 1st Round of Comp - Comp eliminations have become boring as hell to watch with the large disparity in performance. For the most part, all you have is redlight after redlight, with the higher qualified car lifting at the 1/8th mile as to not get hit with a CIC violation. So, eliminate qualifying altogether, and make it so there's a bit of uncertainty as to how fast your competitor is. Oh yeah, and it's going to be a handicapped instant-green race from now on too.

6. S/S or S/G - I don't care which is first, and neither will Billy Leber, as he should be up by this time of day (i.e. about 3pm).
Why not run ALL of the S/C cars from the starting line and all of the S/G cars from the finish line at the same time to see which group gets to the 1/8 mile first with Tom "Condom" standing in the middle to decide who gets there first. . You could throw Top Fool and Fuel Ha Ha cars in the same deal along with the Alcahol crap.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Ouch Terry.........Will you please buy a race car....you've got to get some of that hostility out of you...and put it to good use.....I don't want to read about you in USA today....lol

You are a perfect example of a dragracer....no matter how old you are you can't get it out of you.....lol

I have room for another crew guy......but you being with a CJ group might tarnish your Reputation....lol

Rock
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The run order in Division 2 is the same at every race, every session:

S/ST, Stock, S/G, Super Stock, S/C, T/D, Comp, T/S

and I've never heard a complaint about it anywhere in the pits. People know what to expect (though I've been heard to say that S/ST racing crimps my social schedule quite a bit with the 8:45 AM call.)
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Talking Re: S/C vs. S/G

Didnt you see the grin face.....I was just funning in response to the other post. I usually say that mostly about the Alcohol cars.
Im still looking at rides. Some good some not so good. Im still waiting to see what NHRA is going to do before I spend my $$$$.
I sat and watch the .90 classes at the Dutch last week and enjoyed most of it.
You guys take me to serious.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 314 Posts

Hey X-TECH, should have come over and said HI....I came and donated 1st round at the Dutch...haha.

You can tell the off-season is coming as we are all getting the itch and complaining about stuff.......this might be a long off-season!!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #17

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread has been very informative
3258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: S/C vs. S/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Hey X-TECH, should have come over and said HI....I came and donated 1st round at the Dutch...haha.

You can tell the off-season is coming as we are all getting the itch and complaining about stuff.......this might be a long off-season!!
I tried to get around to most who I knew. Left Saturday evening Almost froze my butt off on Friday....lol. Good weather or bad. Class cars and even the sleds I still think the Dutch is by far the best drag race of the year. (No Pro's....LOL). I was wearing a Stock/Super Stock jacket I got from Dave Ley a few years ago and a Black "First Cav." ball cap and white beard. Im old. Next year I hope to be there racing.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #19
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 314 Posts

I think I may have seen you roaming around the pits...It was a crazy weekend for us and didn't get there till early Friday AM. We had the Red, Yellow and Blue Flamed Nova Wagon in Super Gas. Stop by next year!!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #20
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs up Re: S/C vs. S/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
I think I may have seen you roaming around the pits...It was a crazy weekend for us and didn't get there till early Friday AM. We had the Red, Yellow and Blue Flamed Nova Wagon in Super Gas. Stop by next year!!
I remember the car.....very nice piece. I like the variety of cars in S/G. Most of the S/C cars look alike to me.....LOL. See you next year if Im still breathing.