HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Fly - this side up.....

Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously. Check out their new livery! And have a read about their Customer Relations

WHAT A PITY KULULA DOESN'T FLY INTERNATIONALLY - WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM IF ONLY FOR THEIR HUMOUR - SO TYPICALLY SOUTH AFRICAN.

Kulula is an Airline with head office situated in Johannesburg . Kulula airline attendants make an effort to make the in-flight "safety lecture" and announcements a bit more entertaining.

Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported:

On a Kulula flight, (there is no assigned seating, you just sit where you want) passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing, when a flight attendant announced,
"People, people we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

---o0o---

On another flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said,
"Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

----o0o---

On landing, the stewardess said,
"Please be sure to take all of your belongings.. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

----o0o---

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."

---o0o---

"Thank you for flying Kulula. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

---o0o---

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Durban Airport , a lone voice came over the loudspeaker:
"Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

---o0o---

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in the Karoo , a flight attendant on a flight announced,
"Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."

---o0o---

From a Kulula employee:
"Welcome aboard Kulula 271 to Port Elizabeth . To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

---o0o---

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favorite."

---o0o---

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Kulula Airlines."

----o0o---

"Your seats cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

---o0o---
"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses.."

---o0o---

And from the pilot during his welcome message:
"Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"

---o0o---

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town : The flight attendant came on the intercom and said,
"That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

---o0o---

Overheard on a Kulula flight into Cape Town , on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain really had to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Mother City. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"

---o0o---

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

---o0o---

After a real crusher of a landing in Johannesburg , the attendant came on with,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we will open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.."

---o0o---

Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement:
"We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today.. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of Kulula Airways."

Heard on a Kulula flight:
"Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing.. If you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em."

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Fly - this side up.....

I'd love to fly with these guys at least they have a sense of humor.

JimR
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
427_ED

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

So, that Soul Plane movie is not fictional?
427_ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: Fly - this side up.....

That's some good stuff right there! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

In May I flew to Vegas for the ACS Pool Tournament on a Delta flight. When we landed it was more of a collision than a landing.

As I walked past the pilot while deplaning I asked him how many years he was a pilot in the Navy, he asked why and I told him that it was a perfect Carrier landing. He looked surprised as I walked away.

My head and butt quit hurting about 2 hours later.

I tied for 12th in the tournament which is like going out in the second round...I blamed it on the controlled crash but I think it had something to do with skill?!

JimR
Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Back in the early eighties, I had two "special" flights.

Interestingly, they both came when I was flying in to Philadelphia Airport.

The first came on a calm clear evening when we came in for a landing and were about 6 feet off the ground about to land.

Suddenly, the pilot took the plane nearly straight up. My stomach never caught up. But when we had finally leveled out, the pilot came on the speakers and said, sorry folks. But as we approached the landing, there was a light in the middle of the runway, and I was concerned that it was a plane. But now we have heard that it was a flashlight that fell out of somebodies pocket.

The second came during a late winter snow storm, when you could hardly see out of the plane windows, and the runways were covering up with snow as fast as they were cleared.

The plane landed and went straight for a second. The it swung left, and when the pilot corrected, it went right.... The we slid sideways right up to the end of the runway.

In both cases, I thought, "so this is what a plane crash feels like."

Had a few other bounce bounce bounce landings, but none so memorable as those two.

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I think all the directions painted on the side of the plane are for the ground crew so they which end is up and where everything is!

JimR