HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #101
junior barns

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from Indy!!!

WAY COOL!!! DID YOU BY ANY CHANCE GET Mcfarland"s wheel stand on the first qual shot thursday morn? If so I would love to see it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep them coming
junior barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #102
Joe Schaechter

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Live from Indy!!!

Here is a couple of minutes more. I have to go back to work now. Maybe more later since this seems to work. I don't have any video from the Thursday morning 1st qualifier. I didn't get the track in time.

Last edited by Joe Schaechter; 08-31-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Joe Schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #103
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Patsy, all that great Cajun food and entertainment probably came from Ross Laris of LA. His name is pronounced Larise, as you stated before. He runs a real nice topless vette in S/G, and a dragster in S/C. I met him in Houston as they were pitted across from me. Talk about a party, they had these huge speakers and they were blaring, then all of a sudden it got real quiet and everything was gone. Spoke to him the following day and his response was, " we party hard and we close down hard"
Ross is the person who puts on the crawfish boil at the Cajun Sportsnationals. Look up his friend Jerry Virgadamo while you are there, he does the best impersonation of a Pro Stock bike you have ever heard. All of the people that I have met from LA are just great, and they all know how to cook great too.
Thank you for all the updates, they are just great.
Ron Ortiz
U/SA I predicted -.92 in a previous thread
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #104
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,566 Times in 1,988 Posts

We left the party about 10 and just turned up the A/C so we didn't hear anything. I understand the police were called about midnight by some racers a couple of pits down. It will be interesting to see how things go tonight.
Just went back by the barn. Looks like Bob Gere is out. Not for sure for what. Patrick is still pleading his case. Edmond Richardson was sitting back eating lunch while someone else was tearing his down. Buckner's engine previously belonged to Mitch Kight and Mitch said to put on here that "that cheating Mitch Kight passed again".
Teardown is going really slowly with the tech guys having to go check things out whenever superstock class is running. Barton is the only other car having to pull a piston this session and Edmond and David Morgan are the only other cars to pull a head.
There seems to be some ? on Downing, Disinger and Hanlon. They are all awaiting a decision.
Pendarvis passed but there was something going down on his engine. So they decided to put his spare engine in. NHRA said ok, but that engine has to pass teardown, too. (By the way, they did not get it back together in 4 or 5 or 8 hours.)
Well, we will let you know more later.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #105
junior barns

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Live from Indy!!!

personally i think that is a bunch of sh**! he should be made to put it back together before allowed to run in the eliminator! That is part of tear down take apart and put it back together before first round!! sorry dont know this gentleman but this just sounds wrong! I dont race much anymore but if and when I do I will have a complete engine ready to put back in if I ever have to pull a piston at the track!!!

It is a shame that every racer doesn't have this luxury!!!!
junior barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #106
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Larry/Patsy,

Who is running the barn this year?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #107
Racin Mason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know what happened to Grossi 1st round of class and Cour 2nd round? Grossi showed no reaction time and a 20 second pass and Cour was a no show for 2nd round.

Last edited by Racin Mason; 08-31-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Racin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #108
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Just made a trip back to the barn. 3 are out so far. Patrick for cc's, Gere for valve, and Downing for piston ring land.
Pendarvis decided to fix his engine instead of tearing down his spare. (wonder why?)
Still there waiting for tech to finish them up are Barton, Richardson, Morgan, Goins, Freeman. I think everyone else are either putting back together or already pulled out after passing.
Trying to figure out where the bump is now is nothing else changes. I think it will be Wendy Caliendo.
The final won't be out for a while yet when everyone gets passed or thrown out.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:45 PM   #109
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Frank Grossi was to cold for the run did not leave the line.This was information passed along to me
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #110
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Bruce,
I really don't know who was running it. Wayne and Travis plus a bunch of other guys were there. I heard that Gracia made the final decision on the 3 heads that were in question.
Patsy