HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #21
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 341 Times in 133 Posts
Default Re: $5000 stock/super stock shootout???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Beaver Bob was flying to Milwaukee to pick up a car he accidentally won on eBay. LOL I'm sure he'll get back to you when he returns.
Another Ford in the Beaver Lodge Michael?
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #22
onlooker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim worner View Post
I'm sure Beaver Bob @ Beaver Springs Dragway would be interested in your perposal.

We all know what a great facility Bob has but he needs to understand that Mountain Dew/ alcohol concoction he puts on the starting line is a joke. Cars won't do the same thing twice.
Might also need to explain he needs something to dry the track-in case it rains. Running street cars back and forth to dry the track went out of style about the same time as flat top hair cuts.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #23
HERTZ STOCKER 1676

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Red face Re: $5000 stock/super stock shootout???

Hey Buffdaddy, all 3 cars are up and running,can I get senior (senile) discount? Mick Klacik..
HERTZ STOCKER 1676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #24
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

2009 is looking better every day it gets closer ..............Set the dates Jim and I'll see you there .......Any thing I can do to help , just call Donny's got my number .................
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #25
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Dave:
1) Mercury

Onlooker:
2) Something must have changed since I was there last. I raced there for a decade, and the only time we had problems was way back when we had a dirt drag bike track right next to dragstrip, but that is long gone. I *have* seen people complain about how the "track sucks" because of slow 60' times, despite pulling a massive wheelstand... (The rollout is short, and the 60' clocks aren't!) In my experience, BSD has among the best starting lines I've been on, out of 40+ race tracks I've competed at. I'm not saying something hasn't changed, but I would expect that you could discuss any issues you might be having with Beaver Bob himself.
3) We used to dry the track in an hour to hour and a half by running cars up and down the track. I'm not sure what "style" has to do with it -- It worked. And in cases where it is so humid that cars *didn't* work, you would have a moisture problem returning to the surface after running a jet dryer as well. I don't think a jet dryer is financially feasible for such a small facility.

Just my opinion,
Old 12-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #26
Jim Helsel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Mike,
I also emailed a couple of tracks. I have not heard anything from Beaver Springs but I have two dates set, one at MIR and one at good ol' US13...I should have two more dates buttoned up this week. All four races will be $5000 to win. I will post all four dates ASAP. I also have a huge North VS South $10,000 race planned as well. The plan is to get 64 Stock/SuperStock cars from the North and 64 from the South. Hey K-Robb missed you at the banquet last night, give me a call 443-207-2961

Last edited by Jim Helsel; 12-08-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Jim Helsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #27
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 341 Times in 133 Posts
Unhappy Re: $5000 stock/super stock shootout???

Jim, I hope that's not the date; it's a Wednesday and also the week of the SEMA show in Vegas
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #28
onlooker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Onlooker:
2) Something must have changed since I was there last. I raced there for a decade, and the only time we had problems was way back when we had a dirt drag bike track right next to dragstrip, but that is long gone. I *have* seen people complain about how the "track sucks" because of slow 60' times, despite pulling a massive wheelstand... (The rollout is short, and the 60' clocks aren't!) In my experience, BSD has among the best starting lines I've been on, out of 40+ race tracks I've competed at. I'm not saying something hasn't changed, but I would expect that you could discuss any issues you might be having with Beaver Bob himself.
3) We used to dry the track in an hour to hour and a half by running cars up and down the track. I'm not sure what "style" has to do with it -- It worked. And in cases where it is so humid that cars *didn't* work, you would have a moisture problem returning to the surface after running a jet dryer as well. I don't think a jet dryer is financially feasible for such a small facility.

Just my opinion,[/QUOTE]

Michael,
I'm not here to bash Bob. He's a good guy and quite a promoter. I consider him a friend. However, the bite at that track is becoming inconsistent at best. He needs to address that situation.

I also understand every track can't afford a $150k track dryer but two of the best 'small tracks' I have raced at use a pick up truck and a front end loader tire to drag the entire racing surface. Low budget-works great.
I'm not here to hijack this thread.

Just my opinion.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #29
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 58 Times in 33 Posts

Hey Jim Helsel, can you please shoot me an email. i got a few questions for you..Thanks, Duane

Dee9275@yahoo.com
Old 12-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #30
Jim Helsel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry Dave....it's the 14th...too much rum today...lol
Jim Helsel is offline   Reply With Quote