HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #41
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super Gas Burndown

Mr Novas and others...

For the record and so no one thinks I am hiding behind a fictious name (for those of you that don't know) I am Ryan Koener S/G and T/S 310C. I happen to think that this is the perfect place to discuss weather or not we like Ed's staging practices. That is what these boards are for are they not? I for one think that anyone who plays games on the starting line is a dirty piece of crap (cleaned up for the board). If you have to play dirty to win than you should just stay home. I have not personally race him (I don't think), but from what I have read on this site he is a poor sportsman! Can't we all just race like we are supposed to?
TS310C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #42
Webster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

990 Novas..............I'm in Ed Olpin's corner on this deal!!!!!!!!!! I'm absolutely certain that Jim Hughes and Rock Haas have their own "bag of tricks" to draw from and I am as equally as certain their respective posse's follow their lead........the ole "monkey see, monkey do" theory in full force!!!!!!

Just found it intersting that Mr. Haas, who didn't have a dog in the fight other than my "ORIGINAL" vacuum theory, found it necessary to out Ed Olpin like he did...............must be that "roast" thing.

Point being, It could have been Bozo the Clown instead of Ed Olpin and the results would have still been the same. But, as you can see, the "rockettes" are coming out of the woodwork and I have become a "nuthugger" in the matter of a few short hours.

Just hope I don't find myself being drug off to a "woodshed" by a "mafia type" anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure it'll be an intersting off season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Olpin................don't change a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #43
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary - You are correct. Nothing nasty, we are now buddies and park together at most of the races. Just having some fun ... after all, it's just a car race.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #44
990 Novas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know there are a few people throughout the whole country who stage like Ed (light two bulbs at once) I've seen it time & again. My point is, is that I don't think Ed's intentions are "Dirty" as he stages the same with everyone, and everyone out in Div. 7 knows that. I haven't seen anyone over in his pit (atleast that I can recall) cussing him out and wanting to take him behind the "wood shed". For myself, it doesn't bother me what he does, I do my own deal. I personally feel that Ed doesn't owe me or anyone on this board any explanation for his actions on how he stages. If I did have a problem I would most certainly take it up with him as opposed to posting it on a message board. It sure seems like everyone in D-3 is heated about it though. Maybe you guys that are concerned can arrange a face-to-face meeting with Ed when he comes back to Chicago for the All-Stars race. That way you can tell him yourselves about your concerns. Then you'd show "CaJones" face-to-face. I just find it amusing that you guys get so worked up over a guys racing technique thats 2,000 miles away. Just like that commercial "Just let it go".

So whats everyone's plans for the winter?????

-Ventura Motorsports
990 Novas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #45
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Yea Greg....its probably time to let it go.......I didn't really think it would get everybody so worked up......you have to remember though we had some questionable practices go on out here a while back....so thats why everybody is piling on....and this Webster character....is pretty funny....I don't know Ed well enough to know if he will respond....but it certainly would be a good way to end this thread....maybe he just has bad brakes....

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #46
Webster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just took exception to the questionable, unsportsmanlike conduct of a multi-National/Divisional champion calling out a guy on an open forum that I don't recall ever being a regular to the rhetoric on this site.

My bad though.............the people specific to this site have apparently NEVER played "games" at the starting line, or any place else at the track for that matter!!!!!

Whos' kidding who??????

IMO this Haas "character" owes Ed Olpin an apology!!!!!!!!!!

Act like the champion you are!!!!!!!!!

I'm done.....................

Brian Webster
S/ST 3557
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #47
Chaser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow !!!!!
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #48
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I thought the burndown thing was a lot better than complaining about diapers....or whatever...Ed just happened to be the subject....

cbs
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #49
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I don't think Ed's staging practices are dirty or illegal....just annoying....which is probably why he does it....it seems to work for him....

Lets move on....
Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #50
CBS jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watch out PA that webster guy won a div race this year. lol
CBS jr is offline   Reply With Quote