HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #41
Maverick

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Time to Revisit the Super Times?

Mr. CBS, is the SRAC, still active? Maybe if it is, this would be a idea that should be brought up with the association, in that a 7.90 class maybe a thing to look into. Seems like there is some interest. Also, when you ask about the 7.90, try and see if they can get the re certification of the window nets move back to at least 5 years. The people I talked to at the association, stated, that they did not have any warning or advance notice and don't have a clue of why it is at two years.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #42
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Time to Revisit the Super Times?

Never had to replace or recertify a window net since I've been racing. never even had it looked at. Why don't we put all the classes together and hand out shoe polish, oh wait , that's been done, forever.
I got the beer, dos vettes, come on over Rock
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #43
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Beckman View Post
OK what if we could get them to add a 7.900 class none of the adv et safety? Although I am a big safety nut, you know the guy in SG who wears a HANS.
You don't need the Adv ET safety until you hit 7.50. That's why I suggested 8.00. But whatever...
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #44
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman

Your right Chris, my bad. Lets call it a dumb ***** attack!

Someone made a good point, as fast as the new s/ss are going super gas does not look so super. And 8 second ss wont make super comp look so competative. I believe that Top Sportsman and Top Dragster have some interest because they are fast enough and no stops.

I wonder if this does not take the conversation back too, what lies ahead? Back to the future, what will keep our sport viable? Dont forget if no one is making good money we wont have a place to race.

Creating a 4th super class would fill a void without hurting those that have (all in) their current class. But dont forget that outside of racing the super classes are the dumbest looking thing to watch, and crazy to understand, just because we think and know how tough it is. Still boring for fans.

Some divisions are short cars now a 4th class is going to take from other super classes. I wonder if our beloved super classes are not doomed, certainley a 4th class would be a tough sell to anyone.

Amoung my crazy thoughts/dreams of a new sanctioning body, at the heart of it lies this.

Do you need TV, it never hurts. Pinks suggests yes, but ADRL makes it without much.

A big purse draws a crowd of racers and a big enough crowd of racers will draw others in. Also Location Location, run events where drag racing is a big deal. Take Norwalk as a perfect example.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #45
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Ah Jeff......... if you were "King"...................."Life would be Good" (racing). lol
I too wonder what the future holds. ?? We hurt our motor @ the classic, and I don't know if I can justify the expense of a new bullet ??

I wish you could organize a sanction................. SHRA.. what ya think ?

Rick
Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

SHRA......................... "Sportsman Hot Rod Assoc."

lol
Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #47
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On another forum, someone posted this from 48 years ago:

First of all, the answer to the question is, clearly, yes.

But note the breathless quote in the bottom left: "180+ in a quarter mile!". That was a record, with a couple of people in the world who could do it.

Today, there are people in SC who do 180+ with their car on a throttle stop for 1/3rd the track. It's not hard to build a car that'll do 180+, any Tom-Dick-Harry can build one with off-the-shelf parts, or with a call to any of a dozen engine builders. There are probably 10,000 cars in the country that can do it.

Yes, it was really cool back then. But we have guys here, and on every drag racing forum, insisting we go back. Get rid of electronics. Stick with pushrod V8 carburetor cars. Screw the "rice burners". The indexes we had 20 years ago are fine. They stopped making cool cars just seven years after this cover.

The only thing constant is change. Get used to it.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #48
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 694 Times in 270 Posts

I was surprised to see this thread turn this direction.
looks to me that the .90 class racers are getting tired of the treatment and enhancements & being neglected. (taken for granted as filler & cash cow) The S/SS guys have cried about the way they were treated for quite a while. That is one reason I helped Alex put on the US Class Nationals.
Is it time for us to have another racing venue?
I'm in if it is...

Last edited by Adger Smith; 12-11-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone think Index racing as presented in D2 now has a chance of being the future? Heads up racing , no stops, fast cars and dragsters would have their own index type scenario.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
SimmerManiac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Non-electronic Index Classes and Fast Heads-Up classes are the future.

Indy RAGE at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis is most likely one of the best examples of what will work going forward.

The cost of growing any sport will either be carried by the fans or the particpants. Throttle Stops and bracket racing have given the luxury of carrying the financial burden of growth to the participants.
SimmerManiac is offline   Reply With Quote