Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-08-2023, 01:09 PM   #41
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,661 Times in 526 Posts
Question Re: A Funny thing has happened to EV’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
You are free to pay or index your bill and get a credit. Choice is a wonder thing. Some people in my area pay $1200 a month in the summer months,
I would rather sent that on something else.
Kind of like Obamacare. It was mandatory to have health insurance, but it was way too expensive for me so I chose to pay the fine which really got ridiculous.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 02:30 PM   #42
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: A Funny thing has happened to EV’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
Kind of like Obamacare. It was mandatory to have health insurance, but it was way too expensive for me so I chose to pay the fine which really got ridiculous.
I don’t know anything about Obamacare, I have always had healthcare insurance…. Retired military.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:06 PM   #43
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 262 Posts

Local Ford dealership in AZ had a commercial stating they had the most F150 electric trucks in town. Had to laugh as I think who ever ordered for stock inventory had to ba a liberal and maybe fired.
Jeff Stout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #44
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,661 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
I don’t know anything about Obamacare, I have always had healthcare insurance…. Retired military.
It was in reference to mandatory things the government makes us do.
I never quite understood that one because we have always paid our medical bills. Why should we have to have coverage when we could actually pay the bill if needed????
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:33 PM   #45
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 847 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Local Ford dealership in AZ had a commercial stating they had the most F150 electric trucks in town. Had to laugh as I think who ever ordered for stock inventory had to ba a liberal and maybe fired.
We need to get Bobby Rashid on here. He just purchased 2 of the Lightnings with the 700 HP motors. He purchased the first one and was so blown away he bought (I think its on order) another. Says he can't let Nancy drive them....Said their so powerful she will kill herself. Was real impressed he could plug the truck into the house during the Michigan winters during power outs and its capable of powering his house for a WEEK.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 12-08-2023 at 06:44 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:36 PM   #46
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
We need to get Bobby Rashid on here. He just purchased 2 of the Lightnings with the 700 HP motors. He purchased the first one and was so blown away he bought (I think its on order) another. Says he can't let Nancy drive them....Said their so powerful she will kill herself. Was real impressed he could plug the truck into the house during the Michigan winters during power outs and its capable of powering his house for a WEEK.
BS LOL
Maybe able to keep the lights on and the fridge but not the whole house. He would also need an Inverter.
Randy Wells

Last edited by Randy Wells; 12-08-2023 at 08:44 PM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 09:54 PM   #47
Jeff Niceswanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
BS LOL
Maybe able to keep the lights on and the fridge but not the whole house. He would also need an Inverter.
Randy Wells
No your wrong Randy. Ford installs the equipment in your garage (yes, a inverter). Or has it done. And it will power the entire house for 3 days, all week without major draws like furnace.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 12-08-2023 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:35 PM   #48
Randy Wells

Quote:
No your wrong Randy. Ford installs the equipment in your garage (yes, a inverter). Or has it done. And it will power the entire house for 3 days, all week without major draws like furnace.

No I am right you said 7 days, and yes lights and fridge, no dryers or furnace, and yes batteries are DC, house is AC so an Inverter is needed. You can buy a 12 KW Generator probably cheaper then the optional equipment from ford to power your house and much more efficient and it will power everything.

Randy

Last edited by Randy Wells; 12-08-2023 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:41 PM   #49
Jeff Niceswanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
No I am right you said 7 days, and yes lights and fridge, no dryers or furnace, and yes batteries are DC, house is AC so an Inverter is needed. You can buy a 12 KW Generator probably cheaper then the optional equipment from ford to power your house and much more efficient and it will power everything.

Randy
My house has a EU7000 Honda which was 6 grand. Then the manual transfer switch that I installed was around 1200.00. You can do the same thing with the Lightening for the 1200, and it will put out more power than my 7000 as it puts out 9000,and run your house for 3 days.Or just run extension cords from the Lightning to do the same thing without spending a dime other than the cords.. (I have everything except my hot water tank and dryer ran off the Honda.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 12-08-2023 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:13 PM   #50
Randy Wells

Quote:

I like it, the problem is most Americans in there wildest dreams could not afford this, maybe some day it will be affordable for the average Americans, where I live and a lot of rural areas they have 100 A services, and to upgrade to a 200 A is thousands of dollars. Just another feel good toy for the woke liberal rich elites, I will keep driving my black smoke blowing Duramax, EGR delete, PVC bypass, EFI live and 19 MPG. I have been an electrician for 48 years, mostly industrial, but have wired a lot of houses and I have never wired a residential house with a 400 amp service, heck I don't think I would be allowed in that neighborhood, if everyone had a 400 amp service the grid would crash, unless we spend trillions of dollars to upgrade it and another few hundred coal burners, because green is not even close to supply this much power.

Randy

Last edited by Randy Wells; 12-08-2023 at 11:33 PM.