HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #51
Chaserfan1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Doug McRobie crash at Hebron

A local photographer and friend, Pat Donahue, put together a scrapbook of pictures that he had of Doug.
If anyone has pictures that they would like to add, please contact me.

http://mcrobie.dotphoto.com/CPListAlbums.asp

Thanks Pat!
Chaserfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #52
JoshVanHorne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just found out about this tragedy. My condolences go out to Doug's family. He was one helluva a super nice guy. He will be sorely missed. I would like a couple decals for my cars if possible. I will be making a donation on Friday.

GodSpeed

Alexa, Deuce, Kim and Josh VanHorne
JoshVanHorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #53
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please go to http://rememberedby.us/dougmcrobie to light a candle in memory and leave a special message for the family.

This is from Tonya Moore

BB
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #54
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Pat. Very nice.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #55
Mark Schmidt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sometimes the internet is a really cool thing. Reading the posts, visiting the links, lighting candles, sharing pictures makes those of us who didn't know Doug feel like we did know him. Our sport is made up of a lot of really good people who really care about each other.....very heartwarming.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #56
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pat,

great tribute to doug & his family

wayne
s/g1514
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #57
ChevyII

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Such a tragic loss! From all we have read, I am sorry I never had the opportunity to meet Doug nor compete against him.

Tracy and I are very concerned as we run a very similar car in Super Gas in Division 6. If someone would like to e-mail me privately and shed some light on this tragedy, I would appreciate it.

Please understand I am not trying to be insensitive to the family but to make sure this tragedy never happens again.

Regards,

Mike and Tracy Ferstl
SG SR 6091

mtferstl@shaw.ca
ChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #58
R Bailey 66 Mustang

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to the site but not at the race track. My husband has been racing for over 25 years and when something like this hits the drag racing community, it is amazing how everybody comes together as a family.

Those of you that get the Columbus Dispatch, read in todays Metro section. As I think about that day, I count my lucky stars everyday that my husband loves the sport of drag racing. I know it is a dangerous, extreme sport but I go through a routine just before I place in my the water box and he takes his adventure down the 1/4 mile drag strip. I check his seat belts, helmet, delay box, dial in and my last words to him I say "I love you, be safe and see you in 8 seconds." As he does his burn out, I look up to the sky and do the sign of the cross. That accident on Sunday was tragic but Doug died doing what he loved the best. So stop and think about all that you have and give each other a squeeze or just a pat on the back. I will continue to allow Rick to race because it is something we both love doing together. It will be somber this weekend to race (if we go) but I will think about the memories Doug had as a racer. He was a family man and always had a smile on his face.

This may have happened to us earlier in the year, but somebody was upstairs watching us. Those of you that don't believe in the man upstairs, I am not preaching to you, but he has been on my side.

We may not be able to make it to the service tonight due to our jobs, but we will be thinking about Doug and his family.

God Bless - Ruthie Bailey
R Bailey 66 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #59
S/G 386N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to S/G 386N

Has anybody heard what caused Doug's car to veer to the left suddenly? I have heard that it was possibly a rod end, either on the 4 link or a tie rod. Either way, I am tearing the 4 link out of my car this weekend and checking all the ends on it for play and replacing any that are needed. Have heard Don Davis cars are pretty hard on them anyways, and I haven't checked them at all this year, other than spraying WD40 on them every once in awhile.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #60
nemo963

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all sorry to hear about the loss of Mr McRobie, I have only seen his car and not personally met him, but sounds like he was a class act. It's too bad the NHRA doesn't do investigations like NJHP did on Scott K's car, information from sportsman accidents would be a great thing to get out to the rest of us. Whether is was because of mechanical failure of chassis parts, oil from a motor, or just a gear failure, it would be great to pass on so we could all double check those items. Who knows, maybe a part that has failed multiple times could be caught before another one of us goes down the track with it. At any rate please pass on any info on what the cause was, and if there was any "special" cirmustances (safety gear failure, etc..) if you get it, it would be nice if a tragedy like this could help the rest of us stay safe.