HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #61
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,792 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: The mines are now closed (AHFS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
Its time to lower the class count and the nonsense associated with all the subdivisions of classes !! Sticks and Autos race head up together !!

PLEEZE have proper tech to bring this mess in line !!
Hey Bubski, I'm with you on the class count with one small exception, we need a few EXTRA FWD classes. I know that you're above running a FWD car but there are still a few of us out there. Do you know that the average FWD car is stuck in one class by General Regulation; Weight 4.2? But then I'm sure that you know this being the expert on everything S/SS that you are.

And yeah, the Tech thing too. I am paying my membership and entry fees without (usually) complaining under the ASSumption that NHRA will have enough QUALIFIED people on the grounds to keep me safe and give me a "level playing field" on which to compete. If they're not then what am I paying for?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!

Last edited by Billy Nees; 10-01-2022 at 07:46 AM.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:27 AM   #62
Craig Porter

Liked 83 Times in 24 Posts

Morning Billy . What we are paying for with entry fees and membership is fattening up the higher up bank accounts . I am not a s/ss racer but been raciing around y’all for 30 so years and this self tech and policing of every class and category has become a joke! The few people they have at a National event can barely keep up with pairing cars in the staging lanes let alone tare downs. Seems it’s a free for all or run what you brung
Craig Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #63
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts

Clearly lots to discuss here. Tune in to my new “Tuesday Tell-All” segment-Tuesdays at NOON EST! Watch/participate on Facebook or YouTube.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2EC7AD8E-4D0F-4D54-BC19-91E74C442CF8.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	65203  

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 10-02-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #64
J.R. Haddad

Liked 882 Times in 198 Posts

Bobby, I will tune in. But I think you should have some ideas to get the
thought process going. This is quickly off the top of my head. Feel free
to modify it, crucify it, add to it, etc. We have a NHRA manageable time
range of .85 to 1.20. This is counterproductive to what we think NHRA
and the racers want to accomplish. All of this years races that were
mineshaft are coming back in next year. That will make roughly 50% of
the combos up for review based on YTD numbers. We need to narrow up
the times NHRA wants to manage. What if we suggested something along
this line: The average must change to -1.00 and 2 hits of -1.10 to get a
review. A hit of -1:20 is an automatic NHRA review, where they can weigh
the variables (Weather, Current H.P. Manufacturer Relations!!! etc.) and make their (Hopefully consistent) adjustments. Nobody wants an -.85 under car, take a hit at -.85, and now they have a .70 to .75 under car.
If you get a hit at -1.00 and you can still go -.90 under, its not so bad.
Great idea? Lets compare them to the others. Thanks, J.R.
J.R. Haddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #65
grncpe

Liked 45 Times in 10 Posts

I have one question, since there is no tech, no ahfs, no 1.20 under instant hit, & no automatic tear down, even if the motor is sealed, what about the old fashioned way of protests? Can we at least protest? If so I will have an atm machine at my trailer for anyone who needs cash! Nhra doesn’t want to do a tear down? Let’s see how they want to handle this.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:53 PM   #66

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncpe View Post
I have one question, since there is no tech, no ahfs, no 1.20 under instant hit, & no automatic tear down, even if the motor is sealed, what about the old fashioned way of protests? Can we at least protest? If so I will have an atm machine at my trailer for anyone who needs cash! Nhra doesn’t want to do a tear down? Let’s see how they want to handle this.
Where did it read in the rules no teardown? They tore down cars at Maple Grove that didn't go 1.20 under, same goes for Indy. Did something change?

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:49 AM   #67
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Ya know, back in the "good-old-days" long before we had the "fair" AHFS (which could be fair if it were handled correctly), if you went very fast you were just given a lump of HP by some heavy-handed Tech whose brother-in-law probably ran the same class with a different combo ;-). BUT, if you went faster than the Natl. Record, you tore down because YOU were the new Natl. Record Holder!
Wouldn't that be an unique concept? How do you slow down a 1.00-1.20 under car to go .45 under consistently? NHRA would/could never go for this because for the first half of the year they would be tearing down 50-60 cars at each event but it would sure make things interesting!

Hey Lonnie, it would also make Stock and SS "Performance Based Eliminators" again!

Last edited by Billy Nees; 10-02-2022 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #68
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Billy want to make performance mean something and have the fast guy's run their cars out more often. Give 10 pts for setting a record. With a max of being able to set 2 records earning points in a class a year. Meaning all of Stock or Super Stock not individual classes within each. Have one threw ten at Nationals only get points for qualifying.
no 1-5pts, 2 gets 4, 3 gets 3, 4 gets 2 and 5 threw 10 gets 1. Cap the max number of points you can get this way by 20. Those up to 40 points would have changed several championships. But still keeping it for the most part those that have done well at races will still have the better chance of winning the championship not just because you have a fast car. BP

Billy if you ever decide to spend some money on your car and make it killer fast you may have a list of guys that want to rent it from you as the end of the year closes in on points earned. At the Dutch put it up for the highest bidder. Be pretty neat seeing number one in the world having to have won the championship in your car.

Last edited by B Parker; 10-03-2022 at 03:21 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #69

Liked 529 Times in 116 Posts

I think all they’ve done is make it easier to manipulate the system. Anybody with half a brain can keep the average -.849 or less with an entire year to do it. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #70
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Billy want to make performance mean something and have the fast guy's run their cars out more often. Give 10 pts for setting a record. With a max of being able to set 2 records earning points in a class a year. Meaning all of Stock or Super Stock not individual classes within each. Have one threw ten at Nationals only get points for qualifying.
no 1-5pts, 2 gets 4, 3 gets 3, 4 gets 2 and 5 threw 10 gets 1. Cap the max number of points you can get this way by 20. Those up to 40 points would have changed several championships. But still keeping it for the most part those that have done well at races will still have the better chance of winning the championship not just because you have a fast car. BP

Billy if you ever decide to spend some money on your car and make it killer fast you may have a list of guys that want to rent it from you as the end of the year closes in on points earned. At the Dutch put it up for the highest bidder. Be pretty neat seeing number one in the world having to have won the championship in your car.
Barry, I absolutely agree with your points deal but I would be giving out more points. At least double the numbers that you suggested. Make it really worth going fast.

Ya know, there's two REALLY fast (like top 10 Indy fast) cars in my garage right now. I don't need to impress anybody.