HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
rick lester

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Towing with a 1/2 Suburban

I plan on buying an enclosed trailer soon and bringing the rest of my stuff to Las Vegas from Florida. Suburban has the 6400 lbs brake kit, planning on upgrading to 8400 lbs brakes, suspension wise if I am not mistaken is the lighest weight for a 1988....6100, 6400, 6700? Can not remember right now. With these brakes and suspension, what size enclosed would anyone recommend? I plan on updating brakes and want to get heavier springs and install over axle airbags. I was thinking with these mods and good towing tires, a 28 footer should be all my Suburban could handle. Towing out to Vegas from Florida, about 2400 miles give or take, with a 12 footer way overloaded U-Haul trailer, all together trailer and "junk" was guestimating 4000 lbs, give or take. Suburban has a 350, 700r4, 3.73 8.2 28 spline axles. A few years ago I saw someone towing a mid20 footer with a Tahoe so maybe I'm not that far off in my thinking. Suburban has been upgraded with a HUGE aluminum radiator, twin electric fans, power steering cooler, trans cooler, deep aluminum trans pan, motor has 35 lbs at idle, 55 lbs at speed, lets put it this way, if I put a hand on it, it got replaced and upgraded. Any thoughts? Plan on towing a stocker or super stocker. Also planning on using the front 8 foot for a lounge/sleeper area if thats the route I go.
rick lester is offline   Reply With Quote