HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #1
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Default Re: Nhra shortens t/f and f/c race to 1000 ft.

Just another late night thought, If the grand stands were moved to the finish line, all of the classes would make more sense to the fans as they would see the point to altered start times and throttle stops. Also I am not against moving the fuel cars to 1000 feet. But I fear we are not addressing the problem with this measure. The big money sponsors and events along with the insurance companies will leave if we keep killing people. We may have to leave some tracks just like NASCAR.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally do not agree with the 1000 foot deal, I think it is a bandage for the problem.
My thoughts are as long as there is a contest for speed, there will always be danger. Just try to keep improving on safety.

BB
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, it is a band aid, but one that needs to be put on until other things can be figured out. I don't believe they can make the cars run any harder to the 1000' mark, they can't change the gear rule or tire size. I think it is great of NHRA to do something fast. I don't know much about the forces involved in these cars but someone who does in Jim Head (if you did not know, he is a scientist) The first words out of his mouth is "we should be racing to 1000' and when they had a drivers meeting, all the other drivers agreed. I think we should all stop bench racing and let the people who put their lives on the line to entertain us decide whats best for them. I believe that drag racing should be 1320' and would not be happy if it stayed @ 1000' but if it is what needs to happen for now, I think we should all be o.k. with it.
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote