HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 09-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Smile Re: Congratulations Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven302 View Post
Dave
Yes there was a Maverick, 1971 Grabber, Yellow in color. I guess I always was fond of strays. It had a 302, 2V, American 5 spokes and could only go low 16's. I had no money and had no clue in how to go fast. I do remember, Mike introducing me to drag racing, real live drag racing anyhow, he told me to quit reading and start doing. So I used to take that Maverick up to the track, and beat on it, The first time I went I got a trophy, runner up I think. Then once i put it in street got in the money and was so happy about winning a few rounds simply drove home! Never even thought someone would give you money for this!
That Maverick was just an old oil burner, just ask Mike about the oil he had to wipe of his car even driving beside me! But it did allow me to meet Jamie, that Comet was god awful fast ( so I thought) single four barrel iron heads in the low elevens, WOW!
I will have to remind you of the Maverick story the next time I am in your store and you bust my balls about me racing my 2000 SS while I am shopping for an affordable class racer.

Last edited by Cdncarnut; 09-29-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Cdncarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts
Default Re: Congratulations Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven302 View Post
Funny, I still don't think I have a clue, nor do I have any money.
Sounds familiar!!
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
Dick Kirkpatrick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Venice, my young friend, the sign should say "gone racing"
Lorraine is the best wife a drag racer could have, I remember meeting her and her neighbour at Cayuga and all she could think about was getting up to the stands in time to see "her man|" make a pass and she said to me, come on, he is staging.
All true blue drag racers start out the same, they take some "dog" car to the track and cut their teeth and really thought their car was fast until they got their firs time slip.
Then the battle began, like, I know I can make this thing go faster.
We have all been there Venice, at least the real racers have, but very few can say what you can.

I am a national record holder.

We your friends, are all very proud of you.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Kirkpatrick View Post
Venice, my young friend, the sign should say "gone racing"
Lorraine is the best wife a drag racer could have, I remember meeting her and her neighbour at Cayuga and all she could think about was getting up to the stands in time to see "her man|" make a pass and she said to me, come on, he is staging.
All true blue drag racers start out the same, they take some "dog" car to the track and cut their teeth and really thought their car was fast until they got their firs time slip.
Then the battle began, like, I know I can make this thing go faster.
We have all been there Venice, at least the real racers have, but very few can say what you can.

I am a national record holder.

We your friends, are all very proud of you.
Dick, you are not only a nice old guy, but an exceptional wordsmith, I must say!!
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote