HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #331
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Sorry guys, I haven't checked in for a while.
The Iron Butterfly pic that Steve posted would appear by the old DA tower in the background to be Indy. That doesn't mean Dick was driving there or that the picture is from 69 though.
I have no listing (in the first 50 cars) that Van Dyke Dodge recieved any Darts - they could have - I just do not have a record of them. There is some dealer paperwork floating around about a Dart though. My opinion after looking at the paperwork - and this is only MY opinion - is that it is not real. I have alot of dealer and factory paperwork on the cars and it looks like a blank sales order was was filled out by someone who had never seen "real" dealer paperwork - just my opinion.
Mark J
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #332
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Mark J,
Glad to see your back, and out-of-the-cold.
Talked to Charlie L. (Charlie Castaldo crew chief). Charlies first car (SS/B) crashed in 1969, at the first points meet at Englishtown.
My best guess would be April 1969, unless a late-March event took place. Earliest info of the SS/BA (Tim Crutchfield car) was at Dover in
July 69'.
That Van Dyke Dodge info was posted by someone on another thread.
It was misinformation, which also stated that Van Dyke was across the street from the Hurst mini-assembly line. NOT.
Paul
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #333
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

I haven't been able to spend much time here in the past while due to my schedule,but I have some great news. Paul Pittman who painted my car back in 1980 for Lou Vignognia contacted me last week & informed me he has pictures of my car when Lou owned it.Not sure at this point, if the pix are after he painted it or before with it's previous paint scheme. If they are with the prepaint, this will be a huge help in finding the next chapter for my unknown soldier. I will post my findings when I get these pix.
Jimi V., any luck finding your pix yet???

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #334
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Daryl and Mark J,
As you know sometimes you have to go through the back door (other car history) to pick up some neat information on the 68' Hemi cars.
Try this one, Motion Performance, L.I., NY. A couple of mystery pictures
with Bill Mitchell racing against a 68' Dart with his 68' Camaro in
A/MP (Which Chrysler did not want any factory-backed cars to do back then). Wonder who the Dart was owned by? East-coast racer..
Paul
Old 01-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #335
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Jimi V., any luck finding your pix yet???

Liteweight
Daryl

no daryl no pics , i have one more room to go through, i am missing at least two boxes of pictures , my mom took pictures of all types of race cars at dover,englishtown, island etc. those were the boxes that had the dart pics in them.

paul or one of you guys who post on the dover web site, there is a distant cousin of my dads (i think it is joe vignogna) his wife posts all types of pictures on tha site of race cars from dover dragstrip, i have been told she has pics of my dads 64 belvedere , maybe she had odd pics of this dart.
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #336
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Daryl,
Great news - keep me informed on the pics! Paul, I think that I have seen the picture that you were talking about in one of the old east coast mags - looks like the Dart is still in primer - I alwats wondered if that was the car that had Manhattan Speed on it. I think they just show the front fender forward and Mitchell's Camaro?
Mark J
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #337
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Mark J.
Good pick-up there. The picture with the Bill Mitchell Camaro and Hemi Dart is from New York National. Noticed that the Dart does not have a front side-light marker. Thought it was Charlie Castaldo's car, but his
first car had a side-light marker.
I'm guessing that photo must be from 68', later in the year. Mitchell ran his 68' in A/MP. The Dart's hood is painted though. As for the
Manhattan Speed Parts car, I'm 90% sure that it was at Englishtown, and did run against Charlie Castaldo. Wonder if that was at the late-March/early-April 69' points meet (crash date).
Paul
Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #338
marfen

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Heard a couple of the tents at the Russo steele auction blew away Thurs. jan 21 in AZ. Only 1 minor injury to someone ...couple of BO29 barracudas (one a S&M car) were scheduled to be sold there plus some impressive street hemis. Hope no serious damage.
marfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #339
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

paul or one of you guys who post on the dover web site, there is a distant cousin of my dads (i think it is joe vignogna) his wife posts all types of pictures on tha site of race cars from dover dragstrip, i have been told she has pics of my dads 64 belvedere , maybe she had odd pics of this dart

Jimi
What is the official website for Dover? I can't seem to find it.

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #340
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
paul or one of you guys who post on the dover web site, there is a distant cousin of my dads (i think it is joe vignogna) his wife posts all types of pictures on tha site of race cars from dover dragstrip, i have been told she has pics of my dads 64 belvedere , maybe she had odd pics of this dart

Jimi
What is the official website for Dover? I can't seem to find it.

Liteweight
Daryl
www.doverdragstrip.com
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote