Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #131
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Hey Maverick,
I think Rock better be on his toes, some "little guy" might want to break Rocks legs after Rock worked him over here on Class racer".
I did hear he has some 4 speed experience..............

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
Rock need some PROTECTION ? Wayne where is my shirt?
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #132
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Looks like I might need some.......lol
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #133
Steves68Nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
Do you think S/ST H/R would be a better class with no throttle stop?
Should S/ST H/R be for back half type cars only?
Must have Stock Firewall and a stock dash?
Should the minum weight be raised to 3000 lbs?
Should all cars in S/ST H/R have a glass windsheild?
I really like all the different types of cars competeing in S/ST H/R.

I like the 5 tenths Pro Tree, as far as the Scotty rule goes, I think you should only be able to run 1 super class, if you want to run a 2nd class run Stock or Super Stock, T/D or T/S, or? (but it really doesnt matter to me)
The 10.90 index is fine, but so would a 10.50 index too.
Of course it would be a better class with no timers. All of them would be, but they aren't going to change it now. I would like to see the weight moved to the same in both HRA's

What does chassis cars and back half cars have to do with anything? You can't tell from the outside. Same thing with the glass, firewall, and dash. What difference does it make? I am thinking you believe there is a advantage to chassis cars? If you are running an index, what difference does it make?

The scotty rule is stupid. If you have a license that allows you to race a faster class then why shouldn't.t you be able too? The index if fine either way here also. But I would have a problem with 9.50 for Super Gas. I would have to spend a bit of money.

Steve Prado
Rudy, AR
Steves68Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #134
Steves68Nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrcng View Post
IMHO.........

Make a new class 7.90 (any MPH you want)....call it Super Eliminator!
Why not just call it Top Dragster and Top Sportsman?

Steve Prado
Rudy, AR
Old 01-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #135
Steves68Nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
the changes you mentioned are very unlikely anyway....they are more likely to outlaw red cars....
Now I got the wrong color car. Story of my life.

Steve Prado
Rudy, AR
Old 01-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #136
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Looks like I might need some.......lol
I gave Mario your # he called Don Vito and Sally Boy so they will be in touch with you ! Anything else just call me ! WHERE IS MY NEW SHIRT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #137
Wayne Kerr

Liked 26 Times in 11 Posts

Hey Tommy,
Large for both you and Chris?
Need a shipping address.
Can send this week.

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 AM   #138
John Moore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I voted on one of these polls. Also received the e-mail from NHRA for S/G.
Knowing NOTHING will be done, I went to the extreme on the vote to an 8.90.
A lot of racers are right, nothing will change on the timers.- ETC.
NHRA and other sanctioning bodies for over 25 years has created the monster of electronics in race cars. Personally, I beleive this is a great thing. Technology is there to improve even our daily cars and what we have learned from our racing equipment has been handed down into our own little grocery-getters. What or where would our major automakers be if they did not have all the test information of race equipment to adopt in our cars we drive daily. Enuf of that.............
Even our engines over the last twenty years have gotten better and especially in the last 10-15. The Horsepower in them has almost doubled and in some almost tripled , when NOS, turbocharging and supercharging is taking place.
A lot of us are going so much faster today then we did several years ago. NHRA and other sanctioning bodies keep imposing the safety rules to more strict standards and theyprobably should for each driver's sake. That is why we went ahead the Head and Neck restraint this last year. The SFI -15 suits were a big enough bite, but , we are past that.

S/ST is a beginner's bracket of the Super Classes and it should stay that way. Although, I feel ther shuld be some major reminders about that in the fact of speed. Yes, even NHRA throws that wrinkle about speed into all of their quivers of the rules. If you have a S/ST car and it runs the index and goes 135 mph then you must have the Competition License and other driver apparell for safety. I think the decision should be made to keep it a BEGINNERS Class- No competetion Driver's license and no SFI 5 suits ,etc. If they want to drop the index .20 to .50 down from the 10.90, GOOD then do, it and move on. If, not then GOOD, move on.

As for the S/G and S/C classes, we all know the safety items are going to hit like the T/S and T/d classes are now probably in a couple more years and I say that especially if they even decided to drop those index's .20 -.50. or more.

I do believe the less time on the T-stop will help some of the spectator participation but we all know an awful lot of them are tired of seeing the cars/dragsters on the stop 2-4 seconds. As I said in one letter to a division director. If you want to keep everything interesting ( which will piss off a lot of people) take all your super classes and place them into a 32 car field like T/S and T/D and make them all qualify for their index and rest who do not qualify run a bracket race. Now, that will make the masters of weather and timers make the show and those that don't will have to try harder the next time.Just like in T/S and T/D ,if you don't qualify you watch. NHRA is mNOT goping to make an ALL Run field in T/S and T/D like the SUper Classes and that people I think is not fair.

So there, That's my .02 cents and since it is 2011, that term needs to be updated to my $2.00 worth.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #139
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

Cool, What do you think the spread is in T/D or T/S cars from the number 1 qualifier to the number 32 qualifier is? That don't sound too bad on the thirty two car field, it will make the test and tune sessions more valuable for people to get extra runs so they can get there cars in, and it would definitely narrow down the field. Probably be more of a advantage to have two cars to get mores runs and having a chance of getting one in. I was probably wrong when I voted to keep it the same index for the super classes. I got caught up when they changed the rules in super street and raised the minimum weight from 2500 to 2800 and changed the starting line from .4 to .5. After they did that I never raced super street again, I know I have picked up in power this last year and the really it was newer parts that have been refined over the years and CUBIC inches. It cost the same to build a 650 cubic inch motor compared to a 400 cubic inch motor. So why build a 350 motor that will go the index, when you can build a 555 for the same amount and then put throttle control on it, get a pager and the latest weather technology and have fun? I wonder what is the biggest cubic inch motor in Super gas is? How fast do you think this car would go all out? Why not allow nitrous oxide in the class? I hope NHRA figures out what, if anything they are going to do and post it, so I can figure out what I am going to do. I think they should go to a instant green lite and get rid or the prestage all together. No minimum weight , let dragsters run in super gas, and move the super gas index to some round number. Boy I hope they spill the beans soon, so I can figure out what I am going to do. Nothing worse that spending money on things to get ready and they change the rules. Reminds me of the changes they made to super street.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #140
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Hey Tommy,
Large for both you and Chris?
Need a shipping address.
Can send this week.

See you at the races,