HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #161
MICROMACHINE72

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Project Junkyard Dog

Don't beat yourself up over it Joe. Sometimes you gotta just step back. I had myself all worked up in running comp eliminator with a dream I too could do it on pure skill and low or no budget, but as time went by, and funds were low I too bailed on my engine project for my dragster after less than satisfactory results. Oh well, life goes on. Keep your chin up! -Mark
MICROMACHINE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #162
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Oh I didn't beat myself up too bad lol. I just needed to try it to see if I could pull it off. I sold the car, and will go back to the dirt track for now. I need to just get on a race track again! I will revisit this again someday, when I have the time and some more capital to put towards it, because I still want to experience it. I most likely will buy a car first (should have to begin with!) and go from there. I really need to get the race itch out of my system and then over the winter sit back and decide what it is I really want out of the deal; is it the competiton, or is it the building I enjoy? There may be a move to a better suited area for racing in the works as well...
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #163
goinbroke2

Liked 169 Times in 55 Posts

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that it's cheaper to race a circle car (pave or dirt) than drag....I've got a circle track 6minutes from my house as opposed to the 2-6hr tow to dragstrips and I wouldn't even consider doing it. They seem to hemorrage money and parts on a weekly basis. When I ran stockcars back in 78-82 I'd work on the car 6 1/2 days to race it 1/2 and then tow home a destroyed car and start over again..and most of the time it wasn't my fault, caught up in traffic etc.

More power to you, good luck, sorry to see you go.
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #164
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Its a 4cyl fwd claimer car, cost me 700 to build with a legit cage and safety gear. Pump gas and street tires. At least I get on a track this way. I enjoy the challenge of taking what the factory gives you and pushing it faster, this scratches two itches for now. Bracket racing the car was an option and cheap for sure, but Stock was what I wanted, and it is out of my reach for the time being. I honestly burnt myself out on drag racing attempting it. I will try again someday.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #165
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Toller View Post
Its a 4cyl fwd claimer car, cost me 700 to build with a legit cage and safety gear. Pump gas and street tires. At least I get on a track this way. I enjoy the challenge of taking what the factory gives you and pushing it faster, this scratches two itches for now. Bracket racing the car was an option and cheap for sure, but Stock was what I wanted, and it is out of my reach for the time being. I honestly burnt myself out on drag racing attempting it. I will try again someday.

did you sell it yet?
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #166
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Sale is pending, should be wrapped up in the next couple days...car is headed to the East Coast...