HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 11-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #61
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I know.. I know.. Im nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Looking at that driver-side door tube I hope you are contemplating a quick disconnect steering wheel...one of the first things I added to the Camaro and it sure made it a lot easier on my old bones.
The photo is deceiving, it is actually easy to get in. I am 6'3" 185 and it is no problem for me, my dear old dad is a senior at 5'11" 210 and he has no problem. The previous door bars were more difficult to negotiate, they were longer and located higher.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:07 AM   #62
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think an update is in order...work has progressed, I have completed all the fab work, and we will be moving on to the suspension and brakes.

However it is that time of year to pull out the chevelle stocker and get it ready for the upcoming season......that's right momma has given the green light for another season of popping wheelies

The stocker is getting a gear change, header updates, all ready had some carb work done, some new slicks and a whole lot of lovin that it has been lacking over the last year.

The Acadian will still have progress it is just that I have run out of parts and need to do some more gathering, So I have been doing some research and have talked to some very informative sources.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #63
Glenn Hayes

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

What gear ratio are you changing to?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #64
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

changing the first gear planetary to a lower ratio in the metric 200. The rear gears will stay at the 5:38's I have been running
Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #65
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is time to get back onto this project, the chevelle is running and all together, time to test and see how much further under it can go

I have been slowly collecting parts for the Acadian, but it is time to dive into the suspension and brakes. I was hoping originally to have this car out this season......but realistically I don't think so. I have been fortunate to get my stocker operational as it is, so the Acadian will slowly plod along. Funny part is it wont be the suspension , brakes , or remaining tidbits that are going to slow me down, it will be the body and paint. My shop is busy and quite frankly ....I want to race!!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #66
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

update- well lets see where to begin....the stocker had two (2) engine failures and a trans issue at two separate races. so not much racing has happened. I did manage to get some very respectable times out of the chevelle, I was really wanting to run at sea level and let it all hang out and maybe get a HP hit .

-The Acadian has been collecting dust only in that I have been doing some finishing up of the house renos in preparation of a sale...go figure my family has outgrown a 5 bedroom home.. There has been parts showing up and contacts being made so when I do start twisting wrenches again I will be prepared. Basically it is time to square away the suspension and brakes, and finish weld the rollbar, do the interior and body and paint.

I have been toying with the idea of a super stock combo with this car, and some possibilities have popped up. Before I do anything of a class nature I want to see what this car will do with modern underpinnings with the "ole reliable" bracket engine. This car ran mid 11's and truthfully I don't know how. My dad built this car in the late 70's by copying the alston catalog components and although it did well, it wasn't efficient.