HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #21
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: Sports Nationals

I'm somewhat surprised there is no live timing for a race of this stature.
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #22
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #23
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

It’s 11 25 am here and it’s raining. Stock did complete rd. 1 of class eliminations.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #24
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts

Jim, I appreciate the link but I really like to look at numbers after the fact, I then have time to study them just a bit longer. NHRA competition has a link to the race in their live timing but no communication with the track. Can't take the time to watch super comp, etc. while waiting on stock/superstock as the schedules always vary some.
Jimmy
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #25
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Understand Jimmy, I typically scroll it back to the runs I want to see and then stop it to study the numbers. After seeing Rink’s numbers I mumble to myself and then go on to the next one. Apologies to the 8.90 folks, their class is probably fun/challenging but is unwatchable.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #26
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
DRC is sponsored by SUMMIT so ....they will be in NO hurry to post the JEGS sports nationals qualifying ......just sayin ....
Exactly why I order from JEGS almost every time.

Ron
Old 09-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #27
Dan Bennett

Liked 350 Times in 76 Posts

Not sure why anyone feels the need to take shots at Fast News Network, Drag Race Central or Summit.

Sheets get posted when the reporters get them - period. If a reporter is not onsite, the track or NHRA Media reps are responsible for getting them to whoever will be posting that race.

Remember when the NHRA website never had specific run information? Larry Sullivan worked for years getting Bob Brockmeyer to allow a direct link to the timing computer and the raw data.

When Brockemeyer finally agreed and the price was paid, Sullivan did the programming to process it into a readable format. The money paid to Compulink was paid by Fastnews. Summit does not own or run Fastnews. They simply fund it and allow it to do the job it does.

And then the NHRA asked for that info - from Fastnews. That's why it became available on NHRA.COM

I have never heard a single staffer on DRC ever say a bad word about Jegs nor seen anyone delay things in any way.

DRC exists because Summit makes it possible. And Jegs has some great people handling their publicity so the respect goes to them also by every person on the DRC staff.

Jegs could have funded DRC but they chose not to.

Again, I don't understand why people would make up things, and others would complain about something they've never spent a dime on - to the point of not doing business with the company that sponsors it.

Perhaps you have a problem with Summit itself, but to tie your purchase habits to a thread about DRC and the race is a leap in logic that is mindboggling.

Maybe they were joke posts and went over my head.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #28
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bennett View Post
Not sure why anyone feels the need to take shots at Fast News Network, Drag Race Central or Summit.

Sheets get posted when the reporters get them - period. If a reporter is not onsite, the track or NHRA Media reps are responsible for getting them to whoever will be posting that race.

Remember when the NHRA website never had specific run information? Larry Sullivan worked for years getting Bob Brockmeyer to allow a direct link to the timing computer and the raw data.

When Brockemeyer finally agreed and the price was paid, Sullivan did the programming to process it into a readable format. The money paid to Compulink was paid by Fastnews. Summit does not own or run Fastnews. They simply fund it and allow it to do the job it does.

And then the NHRA asked for that info - from Fastnews. That's why it became available on NHRA.COM

I have never heard a single staffer on DRC ever say a bad word about Jegs nor seen anyone delay things in any way.

DRC exists because Summit makes it possible. And Jegs has some great people handling their publicity so the respect goes to them also by every person on the DRC staff.

Jegs could have funded DRC but they chose not to.

Again, I don't understand why people would make up things, and others would complain about something they've never spent a dime on - to the point of not doing business with the company that sponsors it.

Perhaps you have a problem with Summit itself, but to tie your purchase habits to a thread about DRC and the race is a leap in logic that is mindboggling.

Maybe they were joke posts and went over my head.
You are absolutely correct Dan . Hats off to JEGs for sponsoring this race ! Hats off to SUMMIT for their involvement with DRC !! While a race is in progress I find myself checking the results on DRC constantly...I believe I am guilty of taking DRC for granted,....a BIG THANK YOU for the friendly reminder....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:11 AM   #29
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

I’m tech challenged and get my kids to help ... so NHRA could (if they gave a s$&t get interns from local high schools to assist in compiling & posting all Q / E sheets to both DRC and FB etc. > let’s see 1. Free labor 2. Job gets done ASAP 3. We involve / expose some intelligent young people into our sport 🤔🤔🤔 of course that would require NHRA to make an intelligent move and of course, give a s$&t 😏😏

Just an old guy who’s probably dumb 😳
Old 09-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #30
Warren Evans

Liked 1,508 Times in 179 Posts

Good morning all - Great Bend is complete, but there's still plenty of drag racing action on dragracer.tv! Tune in to today's coverage from the JEGS SPORTSnationals from National Trail Raceway in Columbus OH.

Warren Evans is offline   Reply With Quote