HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #31
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,594 Times in 1,284 Posts
Default Re: Mopar bogus intake removed

This question is directed at Billy Nees BUT ....I invite anyone to chime in. Billy, I feel as though I have just emerged from an episode of that 60’s TV series Time Tunnel. At one point did Stock Eliminator racers start asking for PARTS that never came on the car from the factory ?...At what point did they decide this practice was acceptable ??
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #32
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,784 Times in 1,522 Posts

M.J., You could probably answer that question as easily as I could. But I CAN say that the problem has gotten bigger as NHRA's Tech presence has gotten smaller. Go figure.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #33
Tom Meyer

Liked 301 Times in 105 Posts

No dog in any fight but didn't NHRA say a year ago that this intake was going to fazed out at the end of this year? Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all Tom
Old 12-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #34
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Meyer View Post
No dog in any fight but didn't NHRA say a year ago that this intake was going to fazed out at the end of this year? Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all Tom
The LD-340 is the manifold your thinking of for the AVS 340 it was approved one year and taken away the next year(approved for 2018 taken away 2019) This manifold now in question was in play for over 15 years.

This aftermarket parts is as bad as politics these days. Aluminum heads for the Mopars are junk and take plenty of funds to make better than iron ones. I will take the Dart heads they approved for every small block Chevy any day. Let me guess the supply of 255/300 hp 350 heads or 250/275/300/325/350 hp 327 heads ran short. I dont see many of us able to throw rocks as we all seem to live in the same glass house.

We need to leave out slow off the wall stuff out of this Billy as they aren’t making aftermarket stuff for 273 2 Barrels and 301 Pontiacs. I get there is no interest in helping these engines and I have no complaint I picked the combination. There were always bad combinations and ones you were going to be on your own to figure out.

I can say I tabled my 273 4 barrel project which was 95% done. I can say I will go after it with both barrels now with a stick and automatic and we will see how much bitching can really go on.

Last edited by Paul Wong; 12-08-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Paul Wong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #35
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,594 Times in 1,284 Posts

As Paul said, this intake has been on the accepted list for over 15 years. ...I can’t help but wonder if the GRINCH pulls the bogus 459 Chevy intake from the 283’s by XMAS ????
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #36
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wong View Post

This aftermarket parts is as bad as politics these days.

I dont see many of us able to throw rocks as we all seem to live in the same glass house.

We need to leave out slow off the wall stuff out of this Billy as they aren’t making aftermarket stuff for 273 2 Barrels and 301 Pontiacs.

There were always bad combinations and ones you were going to be on your own to figure out.

You're absolutely right Paul. We have one faction of Constitutional Lawyers (Racetrack Lawyers) putting their own spin on just what the original framers of the Constitution (Rulebook) meant when they wrote it (what is the definition of is?). We have the rest of the unwashed minions just assuming that the Framers wrote the laws (rules) to be read as written.

Yes, we DO all live in the same "glass house" but some of us are allotted much better "junk" than others and some of THEM are even allowed to cover up! Hey throw all of the "rocks" that you want. When ya don't have a whole lot of "junk" to show off, ya don't have a lot of "junk" to "hide".

Why should "we" (you and I? NHRA?) leave out the "slow off the wall stuff"? Does the "slow off the wall stuff" race using a different Rulebook? Are you actually admitting that certain Racers run using different rules than others? If/when the indexes get changed, is the "slow off the wall stuff" going to get hit with the same 3 or 5 tenths even though it hasn't been given the same enhancements?

Well, on this we can agree.

Liked
Old 12-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #37
DG7050

Liked 112 Times in 30 Posts

Let's face it, the "slow off the wall" combinations are called "dime rockets" for a reason. The "enhancement" they have is very soft HP factors from NHRA. These combinations are typically far less popular and have not had dozens of racers pushing the limits for decades causing the NHRA HP rating to be well established. NHRA's rule interpretations have evolved over many years and racers have spent huge amounts of money to take advantage of these interpretations. Nobody is going to turn back time to 1985 for you. So if your unhappy with your HP factor or number of "enhancements" build a different combination that's more lucrative to you.
DG7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #38
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

It must be some deep state Mopar person living to close to California. Lucky for NHRA the whistle blower told a friend to have his wife call her Mother to report it.
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #39
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG7050 View Post
Let's face it, the "slow off the wall" combinations are called "dime rockets" for a reason. The "enhancement" they have is very soft HP factors from NHRA. These combinations are typically far less popular and have not had dozens of racers pushing the limits for decades causing the NHRA HP rating to be well established. NHRA's rule interpretations have evolved over many years and racers have spent huge amounts of money to take advantage of these interpretations. Nobody is going to turn back time to 1985 for you. So if your unhappy with your HP factor or number of "enhancements" build a different combination that's more lucrative to you.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Why don't you post with a real name.

Old 12-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #40
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
It must be some deep state Mopar person living to close to California.
There's a whole lot of truth right there and you don't even know it.