HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 07-28-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Chipper Chapman

Liked 141 Times in 63 Posts
Default Planning a move.... maybe.

My wife and I are beginning to make plans for a move from the great white north, or at least try lol. We don’t plan to pull the trigger until all the covid BS slows down, so next year at the earliest. But we want to start doing some research on the areas we are interested in, so I figured some of the most honest info would come from you guys here. We are looking at inland Southern Maine, New Hampshire or Northern Mass so we stay within a days drive of “original home”. Can anyone shed some light on the benefits or downfalls of each state or area? Thanks guys.
Chipper Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Planning a move.... maybe.

I live in Can., but I think Maine would be a good choice. Some beautiful areas and there's lots of natural wildlife.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,048 Times in 762 Posts

Northeastern Vermont is amazing.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
Tom O

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

Don't come to Mass., it's a nice place to visit ,but it's not called Taxachusetts for nothing!
Tom O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:13 PM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper Chapman View Post
My wife and I are beginning to make plans for a move from the great white north, or at least try lol. We don’t plan to pull the trigger until all the covid BS slows down, so next year at the earliest. But we want to start doing some research on the areas we are interested in, so I figured some of the most honest info would come from you guys here. We are looking at inland Southern Maine, New Hampshire or Northern Mass so we stay within a days drive of “original home”. Can anyone shed some light on the benefits or downfalls of each state or area? Thanks guys.
Just curious, Obviously you enjoy the COLD weather....just wondering why you would give up the Canadian healthcare ????
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #6
Chipper Chapman

Liked 141 Times in 63 Posts

Truth be told, our health care is not that great. We are taxed to death, and if we don’t have some sort of medical insurance we don’t get most things ‘free’. And if you do have to have a surgery or treatments done, your odds of dying waiting for it are quite high. We lost our 2 family doctors due to retirement about 3 years ago, and are still on a government waiting list with no doctors in sight. So when we have an issue, we have to go to emergency, and in our town of about 15,000 people, with a “start of the art” hospital, emerg wait times are usually 10-12 hours. How’s that for health care? We would much rather pay insurance and get the service we need, when we need it. As far as winters go, we hate them lol. But it been my experience that southern Maine to Mass has a lot easier winter than us, and we would only be a days drive from family so that’s the reason for looking at New England. The racing doesn’t hurt either!
Chipper Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #7
nickh

Liked 211 Times in 92 Posts

Chipper I know it is a long way down here but come to texas and hang out with us rednecks! LOL We don;t have state income taxes, real estate is cheap down here, sure we get hurricanes down here but we have hurricane parties too! LOL
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #8
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Add a day to your drive and come to South Georgia. We have amazingly mild winters, bring your race car because the winter schedule (normally) just has a short pause during the holidays.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:39 PM   #9
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Think about Bradenton Florida area. Lots of everything needed in normal life stuff, weather does not get crazy stuff like on the east coast, and best of all is Bradenton Raceway Park. Wade, is doing a great job with the track,and you can race yourself till you get tired of it.Stupid me lived about 10 miles west of the track. Sat. morning has test and tune, and you can actually try different things with your car the right way.
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote