HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts
Default Next Year

Kind of funny I'm already looking at next year when my wife says I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.
I went testing at Epping NH on this past Friday. Drove up on Thursday night and passed the gas station in NH that has the lowest Diesel prices (6.29). Running late I figured to fuel up on the way home Friday. Stopped in and gave the attendant $200. The price was now $6.49 and was told it went up .20 this morning. Looked at the gallon amount. 30 GALLONS, that's all. Anyone that knows me will tell you I look at money as paper with green ink and realize I can't spend it once gone. But this has Me saying No Mas!!!
On another thread Ken asked us what we would like to see Lonnie Grim do to help out us Sportsman Racers. For me the biggest threat to us right now are fuel prices.
I hope NHRA goes back to as many double up races per weekend as possible next year. Both at the Divisional level and at National's
Go back to the Thursday and Friday one race and another one Saturday and Sunday. Have a National the weekend before or after a Divisional Event. We get that sometime things can't work out that way but do as many as you can. It's not only the money it's also the time. BP

If you would support this like it so they know it's not just my thought !!

Last edited by B Parker; 05-15-2022 at 12:06 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:23 PM   #2

Liked 906 Times in 236 Posts
Default Re: Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Kind of funny I'm already looking at next year when my wife says I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.
I went testing at Epping NH on this past Friday. Drove up on Thursday night and passed the gas station in NH that has the lowest Diesel prices (6.29). Running late I figured to fuel up on the way home Friday. Stopped in and gave the attendant $200. The price was now $6.49 and was told it went up .20 this morning. Looked at the gallon amount. 30 GALLONS, that's all. Anyone that knows me will tell you I look at money as paper with green ink and realize I can't spend it once gone. But this has Me saying No Mas!!!
On another thread Ken asked us what we would like to see Lonnie Grim do to help out us Sportsman Racers. For me the biggest threat to us right now are fuel prices.
I hope NHRA goes back to as many double up races per weekend as possible next year. Both at the Divisional level and at National's
Go back to the Thursday and Friday one race and another one Saturday and Sunday. Have a National the weekend before or after a Divisional Event. We get that sometime things can't work out that way but do as many as you can. It's not only the money it's also the time. BP

Barry, the only problem with the double divisionals is weather. Dave Mohn told me at VA last year that with most of his crew with full time jobs, a double that becomes a Monday race is hard to staff because his crew doesn't have unlimited time off from their full time jobs. Last year was tough on us with weather and it took a toll on his crew too with their time off.

If only everyone was retired.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
B Parker

Weather is tough no matter if it's one race or two. If it rains you have to do the best you can to work around it. There may be cases where you have to finish a race at another one because of weather. If it rains Saturday and Sunday now you lost the event. If you had one race on Thursday and Friday at least you got one in. I wasn't retired last year and was able to make it to more Divisional's because of the 2 event Races. Not all of us live in NJ or Eastern Penn. I'm not saying to do it at all races but try to do as many as possible. This is by no means just for Division one. We have it easy compared to the travel of other Division's.
BP

Last edited by B Parker; 05-15-2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:01 PM   #4
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 689 Times in 183 Posts

I only have one thing to say on these high gas & diesel costs.

FJB !!!
Old 05-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
I only have one thing to say on these high gas & diesel costs.

FJB !!!
Poor Easter Bunny had to play watch the senile old man instead of playing with the kids.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #6

Liked 530 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post

Barry, This is a really good suggestion. It’s pretty hard to justify spending $500-$1000 a weekend on fuel to race when the purse won’t cover your expenses. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

People keep calling me and telling me that the local associations should take off this year since most like ASRA, ECSSSA, .90, ETC offer two races for one tow on Sat & Sun. No need to take off 2 or 3 days in advance, get there Friday Night and still get a decent parking spot and no Monday racing. I know it doesn't have the pomp and circumstance as winning a National / Divisional race. I mean it's still a wait and see as Dave's first race is late July, My first race is in late June with the way the D1 schedule played out this year.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:56 PM   #8
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Rob,I would have to agree.
We (NESSA) had our first race a week ago which was a double race (one Saturday and one Sunday). Car count was up from recent years.
Would have had more however some are still waiting on parts etc.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #9
Casey Miles

Liked 443 Times in 83 Posts

There is a saying, "nobody is guaranteed tomorrow ". I will pick the races I can afford to race and bypass the ones that I think are not worth the trip. You only live once, do what you can.
Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #10
Tom O

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

Barry, Next Year hopefully fuel prices will be heading in the right direction, but as long as you have the current idiots in office with their war on fossil fuels prices won't be coming down anytime soon. So everyone with common sense should vote in your primary election and in November to get the idiots out! Now to the subject of double races, it seems to work pretty well out here in D7, Phoenix nat followed by a double Lucas Oil weekend,& the same deal about a month later at Vegas. Weather is less of a factor out here, and the DD would have to negotiate with the tracks and their respective schedules. What would be a good plan for D1?
Tom O is offline   Reply With Quote