HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #21
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Charlotte Stock Full at Grade Point 7

I am personally OK with the white firebird getting into national events because of the overall package the team brings to every race. The above people have 24 combined posts and no signatures, troll somewhere else there folks.

Also, is everyone aware that all NHRA track owners get a provisional entry to national events as well? I am not sure if that is public information but it is accurate. There are all types of provisionals out there....

I LOVE Chip's response. In today's world, everyone is all about "woe is me" but we have all contributed to the issues here. Bigger rigs = less parking space, More total classes = Less entries per class, etc..etc...

Things could be worse...does everyone remember when Stock/SS was NOT at every national event? NHRA could very well go to that solution to increase quotas by eliminating certain classes at races. How would everyone like going back to that?

The economy must be doing well enough for all of these racers to be eager to enter on Wednesdays 10 weeks before the event starts.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #22
MEXJOE

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I would doubt that very much.
Gona be some 340 MoPars in as well🤪
Liked
Old 02-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #23
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip THELEGEND Johnson View Post
I'm sure going to miss not going to Charlotte this year. Nobodys fault but my own I only got 5 grade points last year.
I think its awesome these races are filling up so quick. It's great for the sport. I will see yall at the Opens getting Grade Points for next year
Atco open is the same weekend as charlotte. Yes its 300 miles further than charlotte for you, but its a grade point and Dave and D-1 run very good opens. Bring a stocker and a superstocker too and get 2 points for the trip. Points can add up fast.

Eric
Old 02-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #24
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

Only an hour further than Atlanta for me. hmmmm, Can you set records at that open?
Old 02-22-2020, 07:59 PM   #25
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
Only an hour further than Atlanta for me. hmmmm, Can you set records at that open?
Yes, a lot of guys seem to do it on test and tune day which is the thursday. Its a fun event.....kind of like a mini-indy with top stock, in the past they have had class, cic racing. I'm not sure about class this year, but certainly top stock on friday, which is fun to watch....For elims at the opens round one is bracket style just pick a lane and run who is next to you, after that its laddered. Speeds things up.

Track is close to sea level, good barometer, real good hook. If its cool hang on it will be fast.

I don't tend to eat most track food, but I have had their chili, and ice cream and I think a hamburger or two with the kids all quite good....and been to the bar with the wife.....

They sell VP at the track too. Hoosier truck is usually there also.

The divisional is the next weekend so a lot of people will be leaving their trailers.

Eric
Old 02-22-2020, 09:23 PM   #26
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Don`t forget, from the past several seasons all you need is a one grade to get into Denver!

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-22-2020, 09:30 PM   #27
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
Yes, a lot of guys seem to do it on test and tune day which is the thursday. Its a fun event.....kind of like a mini-indy with top stock, in the past they have had class, cic racing. I'm not sure about class this year, but certainly top stock on friday, which is fun to watch....For elims at the opens round one is bracket style just pick a lane and run who is next to you, after that its laddered. Speeds things up.

Track is close to sea level, good barometer, real good hook. If its cool hang on it will be fast.

I don't tend to eat most track food, but I have had their chili, and ice cream and I think a hamburger or two with the kids all quite good....and been to the bar with the wife.....

They sell VP at the track too. Hoosier truck is usually there also.

The divisional is the next weekend so a lot of people will be leaving their trailers.

Eric
Try the Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak sometime.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #28
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

I still cant under stand the quota limit thing on the biggest class that they have or could get . I can remember the 128 car bump spot at div. races . Why not 85 car field limit and unlimited enteries and the fastest get in ? It would add to the qualifying action and let the AHFS work possibly . Any how see you at the races .
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #29
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Here’s a thought, you’re sitting on a waiver/transfer, must be used in a year, and you can’t get in
Entry fee........Poof?
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #30
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Question Re: Charlotte Stock Full at Grade Point 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip THELEGEND Johnson View Post
I'm sure going to miss not going to Charlotte this year. Nobodys fault but my own I only got 5 grade points last year.
I think its awesome these races are filling up so quick. It's great for the sport. I will see yall at the Opens getting Grade Points for next year
Not sarcasm..