HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > All Star Racing Association

Old 05-28-2023, 09:24 PM   #1
Ronnie1858

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Data Loggers

Some more newbie-type questions:

Do folks use data loggers? If so, which ones? Do they really help, or do they only provide some interesting numbers to ponder later? Are they worth the money and time to put one in, or is it better to put the money into engine and suspension parts? Am not throwing rocks at anyone, the engineer side of me is drooling over the idea of having lots of data to slice and dice in 1000s of different ways to see if it tells me something useful. Other than I still suck at driving these things. But, at least I am having fun with it.

Thanks.

Ron Sinclair
Old 06-01-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Default Re: Data Loggers

Not in your class but i will throw in some advice. I have a racepack dash in one car and autometer dash in the other. both data recorders I have had to take out the autometer at least three times now to have the battery replaced which is well over $100 said and done and it always seems to fail at a very inconvenient time which leaves me with no tech or gauges at all
both record about the same info and it is nice to have when you are struggling with an issue but with that said I did not buy either one until the cars had made me money, take this kind of stuff as cake, put your money in the motor, transmission, and suspension. Let the car win the cake for you.
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote