HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #5341
Steve Stasko

Liked 228 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
Yes he was. Number 43 on original owners list. Gene Graham was usually driving it
I thought we already debunked this?

http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...13002&page=140
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #5342
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post
I thought we already debunked this?

http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...13002&page=140
Certain I am missing something here. What does that link have to do with the JRT. Dart I was referring to???

Old man here is missing the connection.

I have messaged JRT’s daughter and invited her over to the topic for clarification.

Last edited by Charlie A; 04-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #5343
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Yes he was. Number 43 on original owners list. Gene Graham was usually driving it
From what I know no original owners list has showed up. I do have a Chrysler list of the supposed first 50 Darts & Barracudas in no particular order - no VINs. I am not trying to be rude but if you are referring to Paul Ceserine's list, it is not complete nor 100% correct.

The reason I ask about the JRT Dart is there are a few cars that we assume people were the original owners of but when you actually talk to these owners - sometimes you find out differently.

Another car that I wonder about is the Charlie Lendrum Dart - I also have never see a picture of this car before 1970 - the cars is typically running P/S. Was he actually the original owner?
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #5344
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Understood.
Hoping my invite to JRT’ s daughter will at the minimum clarify his LO23.
No doubt the record keepers in 1968 had no idea how much it would matter now. “Who’s on (owned) first?” Lol
A little Abbot and Costello humor there .

Last edited by Charlie A; 04-10-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #5345
Steve Stasko

Liked 228 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Certain I am missing something here. What does that link have to do with the JRT. Dart I was referring to???

Old man here is missing the connection.

I have messaged JRT’s daughter and invited her over to the topic for clarification.
If you look back at my quote, you will see where I bold printed "original owners list." That is what I was referring to.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #5346
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Charlie,
I hope she does stop by, I have been curious about whether JRT was the original owner of this Dart. Thanks.
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #5347
howsthakids

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I knew JRT pretty well. He personally told me that he was the original owner. He bought it from Mr. Norm.
howsthakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #5348
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
From what I know no original owners list has showed up. I do have a Chrysler list of the supposed first 50 Darts & Barracudas in no particular order - no VINs. I am not trying to be rude but if you are referring to Paul Ceserine's list, it is not complete nor 100% correct.

The reason I ask about the JRT Dart is there are a few cars that we assume people were the original owners of but when you actually talk to these owners - sometimes you find out differently.

Another car that I wonder about is the Charlie Lendrum Dart - I also have never see a picture of this car before 1970 - the cars is typically running P/S. Was he actually the original owner?

Mark I too have not found any pics of the Landrum Dart previous to it running PS. Thought a couple were. Good question.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #5349
red hemi racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joe Ralph Thompson was the original owner of the Dodge Dart. It was picked up at the Factory in Detroit.

Last edited by red hemi racer; 04-17-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Information corrected.
red hemi racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:36 PM   #5350
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red hemi racer View Post
Finally found the discussion, sorry I have been "tech" challenged. Thanks to Charlie A for giving me directions.
Joe Ralph Thompson was the original owner of the Dodge Dart. It was picked up at the Factory in Detroit. When it came off the assembly line, my father had it taken to the "dipping vat" which was an acid dip to remove some of the metal and WEIGHT. In that day and time weight was an issue. For those who want to know, Joe Ralph Thompson was the original owner of the Dodge Demon as well, it was taken to a guy in the Chicago area that was a "hippey in that day an age as he wore a goatee and he painted his face on the truck of the car, sorta his signature. Of course if any of you out there knew may father and mother you know it didn't last long on the car, he removed it. Great a paint job. The reason for the special paint was it was lighter by about 100 or so pounds.
WW63 has owned this car over the years. Do you recall this car looking dipped?

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote