HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2019, 09:10 AM   #31
BOB KIRKBRIDE

Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

Being is this has been an ongoing problem at this track, why during the dry time of year why haven't they graded that area and at least put in base rock, graded it and compacted it with a roller? Problem solved,

Last edited by BOB KIRKBRIDE; 06-23-2019 at 10:37 AM.
BOB KIRKBRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #32
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB KIRKBRIDE View Post
Being is this has been an ongoing problem at this track, why during the dry time of year why haven't they graded that area and at least put in base rock, graded it and compacted it with a roller? Problem solved, guess they are too cheap.
I have never heard anyone say the Baders were cheap. They have spent millions on that track and if you have ever been there it shows.

Somethings make economic sense and some don't.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
John Dinkel

Liked 233 Times in 62 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

The Best Track in Division 3 and Ice Cream too.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #34
Tony Fagnilli

Liked 196 Times in 42 Posts

[QUOTE=BOB KIRKBRIDE;591047]Being is this has been an ongoing problem at this track, why during the dry time of year why haven't they graded that area and at least put in base rock, graded it and compacted it with a roller? Problem solved, guess they are too cheap.[

this actually made me laugh out loud
Tony Fagnilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #35
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Being is this has been an ongoing problem at this track, why during the dry time of year why haven't they graded that area and at least put in base rock, graded it and compacted it with a roller? Problem solved, guess they are too cheap.
Do you know the soil conditions in the area? The height of the water table? What is under the top soil there? The drainage for the entire area? If the Baders graded the track, they would be creating runoff water that would have to go somewhere. Where would it go?
Old 06-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #36
carbuilder

Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
I guess maybe we should come race at your track???? Seriously, with all the bad crap in this world and bitching about a rain out essentially,,,,,maybe some of you would rather they have you come,knowing full well what a mess it was going to be,and take your money ???? then some of you could bitch about that ???

I can ASSURE you Bill Bader is not cheap !!!!

Ive been to tracks from Michigan,to Florida,to Pomona and all the way to Seattle,,,,, Montreal and up and down the eastern seaboard, If you know a place better suited why dont you tell us about it??? SHEESH,,,, Get a life,,,its only a drag race after all !

In my humble opinion, your NOT going to find anwhere nicer !
carbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #37
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
I assume you've never been to Norwalk? Bader just laid a million dollar plus racing surface and shutdown area last year. Guess he's too cheap though....

Countless times have I seen him cater to the racers and fans. I have raced from coast to coast and NEVER have I seen or heard of a track owner asking you to call him or email him if you are not 100% satisfied and followed with his cell phone number and email address. I guess he's too cheap to care though....

Bader does every single thing he asks his people to do. I've seen him running the lanes, working the water box, driving the scrub tractor, laying vht, emptying garbage cans, the guy does it all. Maybe he's too cheap to hire additional help....
Old 06-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #38
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,818 Times in 874 Posts

Norwalk is always going to be the coolest track.I love the lay out!
Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #39
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Hopefully the racers will get their full entry back, including insurance cost.You can't race when it's wet and it's really biblically wet.I was planning a trip to Norwalk this year but will concentrate on Divisional races(which is the best show for the bang except when the track personnel is kept at a minimum and the whole race is slowed due to unprepared racers and track officials). I still can't understand why NHRA or the participating tracks don't advertise on radio,newspaper and TV, it's a great show, far better than the pro show, with four people scrubbing the rocks off the slicks!.Look at the stands and you will see an empty grandstand if they decide to go with a pro only show.Time to start paying the sportsman racers for their show value also.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #40
BOB KIRKBRIDE

Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
Angry Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

OOOPS Cheap was the wrong word as far as the Baders go Yes, I was there once and as a retired paving and grading contractor I DO know what it is like dealing with different types of soil and wetness and high water table. We had that at the old Fremont drag strip in California. I got into racing when my uncle's paving and grading company paved the old Half Moon Bay Drag strip (in 1959) that was right on the coast. No water problems there, just not much shut off(!!) area So I'm old and that comment was ill advised but I think that base rock of inch and a half max or sub base two and a half inch max in those problem sportsman parking areas sure (hopefully) would have maybe made sportsman racing part of the show. SORRY, sincerely for the dumb comment! Please forgive me, guess I have been spoiled living in Las Vegas and racing here and a lot of other reasonably close tracks like Bakersfield and Phoenix with my Ford Thunderbolt N/SS in the twilight of my fun in my favorite sport I didn't mean to stir up a Hornet's nest that my dumb comment did, but us old farts sometimes let out the clutch in the wrong gear! LOL Sorry for fuffeling but I deserved to be taken to the woodshed for that comment. The sportsman racers were sure missed.
BOB KIRKBRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote