Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > A Racing Family Since 1988
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2022, 09:01 PM   #11
NSSGTO

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Current SS A/H car in NNS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
I could be wrong, but arent NNS races just bracket races? I'm not putting them down,.
NSS classes are not bracket racing, It is based on indexes. Can't just go and change your number around, and you need to be on your number. I ran a 10.007 on a 10.00 index and was 11th qualifier at Indy. Quite a few ran dead on with a 0.
Rules for NSS are posted on the NMCA website.

https://www.nmcadigital.com/championship-classes/c606
NSSGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:44 AM   #12
James Hensler

Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSSGTO View Post
NSS classes are not bracket racing, It is based on indexes. Can't just go and change your number around, and you need to be on your number. I ran a 10.007 on a 10.00 index and was 11th qualifier at Indy. Quite a few ran dead on with a 0.
Rules for NSS are posted on the NMCA website.

https://www.nmcadigital.com/championship-classes/c606
I see how both are right!
It really is a bracket race with targeted dial in’s every 1/4 second. For example the fastest index they have is 8.50 so I would have to slow down just for that. I think at 8.75 I would not hurt as many parts because I could run that shifting under 9k
Now everyone in this class picks an index based on how consistent they can run dead on! These guys are outstanding in running the number
Old 10-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #13
NSSGTO

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hensler View Post
I see how both are right!
It really is a bracket race with targeted dial in’s every 1/4 second. For example the fastest index they have is 8.50 so I would have to slow down just for that. I think at 8.75 I would not hurt as many parts because I could run that shifting under 9k
Now everyone in this class picks an index based on how consistent they can run dead on! These guys are outstanding in running the number
Correct. And after your index is set you cannot change it after 1st rnd qualifying. You will see everyone scrambling to put weight in early in the mornings, then dumping weight as the day goes on. I have raced NMCA since 1997 and it is a great bunch to race with. Most of the NSS cars could win a car show.
NSSGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:44 PM   #14
Jim Bailey

Liked 568 Times in 106 Posts
Cool Re: Current SS A/H car in NNS?

Hey guys! After a week of no power, cell phone, or internet, things are finally getting back to normal. If you'd like to talk, give me a few more days, if you don't hear from me, give me a call. Also, NOW is the time to suggest rule changes for 2023. See the NMCA web site. Jim Bailey 330-858-1842.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:51 PM   #15
Dave Siltman

Liked 66 Times in 23 Posts

I run with a couple NSS groups and our rules are pretty basic. We really dislike anything that gives the driver any enhancement. We allow transbrakes but frown on the plunger or programmable switches. About the only electronics we allow are two-steps. Ideally, no hood scoops unless the car had it available from the factory. My car had Outside Air Induction and I do still use it. Cars must appear as ‘60-‘70 Stock/SuperStock. We don’t run indexes, but one group only allowed dialing to .5s and .10s and whatever you dialed first round was your dial for the day. The group I run the most with, allows any dial and it can be changed. We’re all good friends just looking to have a good time. We wanna kick each other’s *** on the starting line, but once we cross the stripe, it’s back to laughing and making fun of each other. If somebody breaks, we all pitch in, lend parts, lend tools, and help each other make the next round. It’s a lot of fun and purses are healthy.
Dave Siltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:51 AM   #16
Jim Bailey

Liked 568 Times in 106 Posts
Post Re: Current SS A/H car in NNS?

James, several things (ideas) come to mind about converting your AH car to a NSS Index car. These are the same things we would check for in TECH - Rear Tires: spec size. Wheelie Bars: cannot extend beyond the rear bumper. Data Recorder: Not allowed. Digital Dash: Not allowed. Two Steps: Not allowed. Programmable Ignition Sytems: Not allowed. If equipped with Auto Trans: No electronic or Air shifters. Trans break only if using a toggle switch for reverse, no buttons allowed. Finally, you'd have to use a cast intake manifold and an engine diaper.... If I were you, I'd just consider running our Super Stock Eliminator program. Our indexes are 3 tenths softer than NHRA, and they're all run programs. You could back your car down and run very competitive without changing a thing. Same HP / Min weight as NHRA. .... Our NSS program and its racers are purest - to an extreme. Trust me, that class is self-policing, old school, foot breaking. And they intend to keep it that way! If you have any other questions, give me a call or stop by the NMCA Booth at the PRI show.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-11-2022, 06:49 PM   #17
James Hensler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bailey View Post
James, several things (ideas) come to mind about converting your AH car to a NSS Index car. These are the same things we would check for in TECH - Rear Tires: spec size. Wheelie Bars: cannot extend beyond the rear bumper. Data Recorder: Not allowed. Digital Dash: Not allowed. Two Steps: Not allowed. Programmable Ignition Sytems: Not allowed. If equipped with Auto Trans: No electronic or Air shifters. Trans break only if using a toggle switch for reverse, no buttons allowed. Finally, you'd have to use a cast intake manifold and an engine diaper.... If I were you, I'd just consider running our Super Stock Eliminator program. Our indexes are 3 tenths softer than NHRA, and they're all run programs. You could back your car down and run very competitive without changing a thing. Same HP / Min weight as NHRA. .... Our NSS program and its racers are purest - to an extreme. Trust me, that class is self-policing, old school, foot breaking. And they intend to keep it that way! If you have any other questions, give me a call or stop by the NMCA Booth at the PRI show.
I read the rules and it said 2 steps for manual transmission only allowed?

Yeah too much to change otherwise
Old 10-12-2022, 11:54 AM   #18
whompin_wedge

Liked 61 Times in 11 Posts

James,

I run a 9.00 coronet in the class. Been running for about 15 years.

* 2 steps are allowed on sticks
* sheet metal intakes are allowed at 9.25 and quicker
* I assume you have a Grid iginiton in the car... which is somehow legal.
* Engine is all legal... 2 holleys.. good

Can't have:
* Data logger
* Racepak dash.

Throw some 33x10.5's on that thing and come have some fun.

Casey FJ
whompin_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #19
James Hensler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompin_wedge View Post
James,

I run a 9.00 coronet in the class. Been running for about 15 years.

* 2 steps are allowed on sticks
* sheet metal intakes are allowed at 9.25 and quicker
* I assume you have a Grid iginiton in the car... which is somehow legal.
* Engine is all legal... 2 holleys.. good

Can't have:
* Data logger
* Racepak dash.

Throw some 33x10.5's on that thing and come have some fun.

Casey FJ
I actually haven’t bought a grid yet! I run a Programable digital 7
I don’t want to buy another intake because we haven’t ran sheet metal intakes in A/H for like 15 years! Mine is billet!
It was a wild thought I had to try to come play with you guys but I am the poorest guy in my class and just can’t justify another Intake
Liked
Old 10-13-2022, 11:51 AM   #20
whompin_wedge

Liked 61 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hensler View Post
I actually haven’t bought a grid yet! I run a Programable digital 7
I don’t want to buy another intake because we haven’t ran sheet metal intakes in A/H for like 15 years! Mine is billet!
It was a wild thought I had to try to come play with you guys but I am the poorest guy in my class and just can’t justify another Intake

I say sheetmetal, however let's go with "fabricated". Nowhere does it say you CAN'T run a billet intake, so to me... you are good as long as you run 9.25 or quicker.

Thanks,
Casey FJ
whompin_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote