HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2020, 12:19 AM   #1
littlemanjoe

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Default Stock Eliminator headers

Has anyone tried the TTI full race step headers with merge collectors on their stocker?

Is it worth the money for stainless Tri-y's?
littlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #2
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 132 Times in 48 Posts
Post Re: Stock Eliminator headers

I've always run the TTI small block step headers (1 5/8" - 1 3/4") on my IHRA car. Originally with collector extensions, then a full exhaust with an X-pipe that helped my combo. Several others have TTI on their NHRA combos including some that have added merge collectors. But I haven't run anything else to compare them to.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: Stock Eliminator headers

If you want the best performing Mopar headers...Mark Lelchook at Performance Welding
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #4
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 678 Times in 291 Posts

I would also recommend Mark and I believe he only does stainless. However whomever you use I would recommend stainless or headers that were very well coated inside the tubes.

I listened to a webinar a few weeks back and Jon Kaase was one of the guests. He said they can look at an engine in their shop and tell if it had mild steel or stainless headers.

He went on to say that if a car sits for very long with mild steel headers rust forms inside them. We have all seen this. However he went on to say that any car with a cam much bigger than stock will do a very good job of vacuuming out the headers when the car starts and that rust will end up in the cylinders and even as far up stream as the carburetor.

Got my attention.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
littlemanjoe

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
I would also recommend Mark and I believe he only does stainless. However whomever you use I would recommend stainless or headers that were very well coated inside the tubes.

I listened to a webinar a few weeks back and Jon Kaase was one of the guests. He said they can look at an engine in their shop and tell if it had mild steel or stainless headers.

He went on to say that if a car sits for very long with mild steel headers rust forms inside them. We have all seen this. However he went on to say that any car with a cam much bigger than stock will do a very good job of vacuuming out the headers when the car starts and that rust will end up in the cylinders and even as far up stream as the carburetor.

Got my attention.
You wouldn't think it would pull it into the engine, interesting.
Thank you for sharing that.
littlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #6
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

Yeah, that webinar was good.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post

Got my attention.
I put rags in my collectors. I've done it thinking I was keeping moisture out of the engine. Never thought of the rust sucked into the engine aspect. Ouch. I wonder if the rags help?
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
RonP

Liked 24 Times in 11 Posts
Smile Re: Stock Eliminator headers

Try KromerKraft in Youngstown, OH,...330-539-5053
Stainless should not require a coating, but mild steel should be ceramic coated to prevent rust.
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #9
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 678 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
I put rags in my collectors. I've done it thinking I was keeping moisture out of the engine. Never thought of the rust sucked into the engine aspect. Ouch. I wonder if the rags help?
To be 100% you probably would need something like this, if Dan still sells them.

http://www.dvorakmachine.com/essstorage.shtml

Might be easier just to pull the headers and get a good coating on them.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked