HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-07-2021, 11:39 PM   #51
Fireofficer74

Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Sonoma Double in Jeopardy?

wow, the sock washers are running wild.

The guys with somethingto loose are holding back.

Is today saturday and is this the lounge?

futtr just let it go, shat is over.
Fireofficer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:48 AM   #52
Tom P

Liked 217 Times in 88 Posts

Pretty hard to avoid mention of politics with the subject of races getting cancelled due solely to politics.
The places that don't buy into the globalist Agenda21 are business as usual and those that do (like here in Canada, WA state, California, NY and others) are locked down at the politicians mercy.

Drag racing does not spread any diseases, it's seen as something people enjoy and the gestapo wants all enjoyment stopped. Can't divide and conquer when people are happy.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:50 AM   #53
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Exclamation Re: Sonoma Double in Jeopardy?

Brink hit the nail on the Head, isn’t this the same guy that’s been trying for a 14sec time slip for several years and likely has done nothing to try to improve it. Just saying
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #54
Dano

Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Polley View Post
GLENDORA, Calif. – The NHRA Pacific Division announced today a number of changes to events in the second half of the 2021 season. The continuing COVID-19 restrictions which have impacted us all since early 2020 have hampered our scheduling and as we move closer to gaining full release of these restrictions, we continue to work with our NHRA Member Tracks regarding not only drag racing events, but other events and opportunities that have risen to the forefront. This will unfortunately impact our Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series double-header events at Sonoma Raceway and Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park for 2021 and require rescheduling of those events, which in turn will also impact events at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Tucson Dragway.

The changes begin with the LODRS double-header originally scheduled for Sonoma Raceway July 15-18. This event will no longer work as planned in July and with limited dates available has required us to relocate the event to The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, another Speedway Motorsports family facility. The date for that event will be October 7-10. This will also mean a change to the Tucson Dragway LODRS event which will now be held one week later on October 14-15 and include a single-day National Open race on October 16. The LODRS double-header event at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park is moving from October to its new date of September 9-12. This change will impact the Division 7 JDRL Finals scheduled that same weekend in Las Vegas which will now be held one week later on September 17-19.

“While it’s unfortunate to have to make changes this far into a season, and after how everything played out in 2020 with a busy fall, we felt these changes will least impact and benefit both the facilities involved and the racers attending our Division 7 events later this season,” said Pacific Division Director Mike Rice. “Division 7 is always the place to race for LODRS competitors at the end of the year and I look forward to the challenge these changes provide.”

http://www.nhra.com/.../changes-
See you in Vegas Barry!!
Old 05-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #55
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

Im sure Caitlyn will get Ca back on track. (see what I did there?)
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-08-2021, 11:28 PM   #56
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

[QUOTE=RULER;640113] trying for a 14sec time slip for several years

I was hoping to get my first 9 second run in California this year. But as Reinhardt announces. I'm a Stocker hiding in Superstock. Most division 7 tracks are altitude tracks. Gary could probably buy some light weight wheels for starters. Waiting for mineshaft out west is out. Spring time in Sacramento
might work.

Paul Haszlauer
SS 7019
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #57
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
Pretty hard to avoid mention of politics with the subject of races getting cancelled due solely to politics.
The places that don't buy into the globalist Agenda21 are business as usual and those that do (like here in Canada, WA state, California, NY and others) are locked down at the politicians mercy.

Drag racing does not spread any diseases, it's seen as something people enjoy and the gestapo wants all enjoyment stopped. Can't divide and conquer when people are happy.
Just the facts here
Old 05-09-2021, 07:11 AM   #58
farmco r/sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
Well Gary you are a minority on this site. You have your views but they are not correct. There would be no vaccine if it wasn't for the efforts of the trump administration. If you remember DJT attempted to limit travel from infected countries and was over ruled by the dems. That's just a fact.
I feel bad for the racers in California. I don't see any racing there for the foreseeable future with the leadership they have in place there. Best thing for NHRA would be to move out of Cali and get to a more racer friendly location.
It seems to me California no friend of drag racing, or fossil fuel. Only E-cars for sale for new cars by 2035
Old 05-09-2021, 07:19 AM   #59
farmco r/sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe7575 View Post
The thing that bothers me the most.....(besides that stupid and ignorant racial comment by BRIINK), is that Barry heard this rumor nearly a week ago yet we don't hear anything from our Division until today. People are trying to schedule vacations, work off time, repairs, etc and these calendar dates are critical to us for a number of reasons.

With regard to Gary's political remarks I completely disagree with nearly everything he says(in the political spectrum).....but I will fight to the end to defend his right to say it. This is not the right forum to have those arguments but they are indeed arguments that must be made....at the right place and time.

I also believe that a fool has a right to make stupid statements in a public forum. Is this the right place for that one as well? I don't think so. For now, I will just stick to bitching about NHRA. Lord knows there's plenty of material to work with.
Agree Brinks comment maybe not in good taste , not sure where it mentions race ?
Old 05-09-2021, 07:22 AM   #60
farmco r/sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
I know people get tired of me saying this but here in Texas racing has never stopped even in the beginning of the Covid deal. It just doesn’t pay to be a racer in a blue state.
For a blue state now Colorado off to a great start in 2021