HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I know.. I know.. Im nuts!

Here we go again...yes I am that crazy to put together a second race car. This was originally going to be the Stock Eliminator car but with all the years of racing and bandaid repairs it was taken out of use and a rotisserie rebuild was started. The chevelle became the money pit only to have this car sit on the back burner for too long. The time has come to finish up the car, it has been a long time bracket car and is a 1965 Acadian Invader 2 door sedan. Before I get crucified....I have all the trim to change it over to a nova/chevy II, and yes eventually this car will be a class car as originally planned. This first post is a bit of history on this car, I was but a mere toddler when my Dad aquired this car back in 1978 and it has been a race car ever since. This car was a basket case when it first came into our hands.....part of why this car needed extensive lovin'. To date I have put in new a floor pan with frame connectors, a right quarter panel and new front fenders , all the body work is complete just needing to be preped and painted (it helps that we own a body shop....labour is cheap ) I am currently installing the roll bar and doing a whole pile of fabrication to get evreything in and functioning the way a proper race car should. For now the car will get its 350 sbc and turbo 350 trans put back in, but I have been aquiring 283 and 327 parts and have thoughts of a stick...maybe..we will see. To this point has been around 6 years so I dont expect to have the car out this year but who knows?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Acadian.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	15120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Acadian 2.0.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	15121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Acadian 2.1.jpg
Views:	512