Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #21
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: Stacking at St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
there is nothing "legitimate" about this latest self serving complaint, it just that infringes on his plans.
Honestly, if this were one complaint about parking, that's exactly what it would be... 1 complaint, however it isn't. Every single one of these NHRA traveling road shows is a parking issue and it just makes sense to roll on to the next race rather than drive home just to turn around and leave, therefore NHRA and track owners should work to make some concessions for their customers. I called the owner of VMP to ask about going straight from the GALOT D2 race to VMP, they said they aren't allowed to park anyone in the track per NHRA but they would gladly get stacking going if any racers would like to show up early. I will also add that the owners at VMP are always willing to go the extra mile for any racer at any time... others, well, not so much.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #22
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
there's that I think I'm special cause I'm a class racer attitude. News flash, you're a bracket racer every time you put a dial in on your window.
you don't know me so take your sheet somewhere else
1320racer Ed and his typical routine. Kind of makes me feel sorry for the people that have to work with him from 9 to 5.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #23
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

Sorry , I can't help it !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	argument-clinic.gif
Views:	131
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	52155  
Old 09-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #24
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,461 Times in 1,960 Posts

Well we did away with the stacking problem! We drove on home last night right past the St. Louis track—687 miles. I tried to call St. Louis track, but no call back! Then I tried to call Division 3 office this the morning with no call back! I wanted to find out if after national event if ,when they relocate us to drag strip, we will be parked where we will be for the divisional or will we just stack and park later. The flyer doesn’t really say. But no answer! So I call the Galot race track where they are having a Division 2 points race this weekend and they answered the phone and my questions!! And sounded like they would be glad to see us! So we withdrew from the St. Louis debacle, where they didn’t want us anyway, and are going to Galot! Then the next weekend is Virginia for a divisional which said we can stack straight from Galot! Then on to Charlotte and Rockingham ! Looking forward to seeing our D2 friends!!

Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #25
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Maybe its just me but if I had A 40FT motor home, a stacker trailer, two race cars and a nice home to return to - I find it hard to believe I would mind being inconvenienced occasionally.

But I don't - and I still would not waste my time being negative and not enjoying what I choose to do with my spare time.

Ron
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #26
sully3358

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well we did away with the stacking problem! We drove on home last night right past the St. Louis track—687 miles. I tried to call St. Louis track, but no call back! Then I tried to call Division 3 office this the morning with no call back! I wanted to find out if after national event if ,when they relocate us to drag strip, we will be parked where we will be for the divisional or will we just stack and park later. The flyer doesn’t really say. But no answer! So I call the Galot race track where they are having a Division 2 points race this weekend and they answered the phone and my questions!! And sounded like they would be glad to see us! So we withdrew from the St. Louis debacle, where they didn’t want us anyway, and are going to Galot! Then the next weekend is Virginia for a divisional which said we can stack straight from Galot! Then on to Charlotte and Rockingham ! Looking forward to seeing our D2 friends!!

Patsy
Boy, you really showed them! Maybe next year they'll drop the quota to 45 just to let you know that they're listening and then kick everyone out of the facility after the national and have everyone come back 4 days later for the divisional...

If you want to be star of the show, NHRA sportsman racing just isn't the place to be. They are not hiding from this fact.

See everyone else at WWT Raceway this weekend...looking forward to a nice break from work and having some fun
sully3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #27
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,881 Times in 642 Posts

I don't think anyone asked to be the star of the show sir just a little ****ing respect is all. They called and couldn't get no one to answer some simple questions so they have chose to go somewhere else where they feel a little more comfortable.
Glad you guys are coming to Galot and can't wait to see you and a slight feeling of relief knowing I don't have to do the reporting solo!!
Old 09-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #28
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

See both of you there. And Rockingham as well.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #29
Shaun Vincent

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post

Patsy
EVENT SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
Relocation of NHRA National Event sportsman participants to main pits . . . . . . . 7-9 p.m.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
Relocation of NHRA National Event sportsman participants to main pits . 10 a.m.-12 p.m.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2
Creds. & Prkg. for Lucas Oil Test & Tune participants . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-7 p.m.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
Final relocation of NHRA National Event participants . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Credentials & Pit Parking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Tech Inspection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-5 p.m.
Track Operated Test & Tune . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-7 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
Credentials & Pit Parking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Tech Inspection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Spectator Gates Open . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Time Trials & Qualifying . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Top Dragster, Comp & Top Sportsman Qlfyng. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3 p.m. & 6 p.m.
Top Alcohol Funny Car and Dragster Qualifying . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 p.m.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
Tech Inspection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Spectator Gates Open . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 a.m.
Time Trials & Qualifying . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 a.m.
Sportsman Eliminations Rd 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 a.m.
Top Alcohol Dragster and Funny Car Qlfyng . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12 & 3 p.m.
Top Alcohol Dragster and Funny Car Rd 1 Eliminations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 p.m.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6
Spectator Gates Open . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 a.m.
Sportsman Eliminations Rd 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 a.m.
Top Alcohol Dragster & Funny Car Rd. 2 Elims . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 a.m.
Complete Eliminations All Classes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11:30 a.ml
Shaun Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #30
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,461 Times in 1,960 Posts

The way that reads is that the only ones who will be parked on Wed are the ones that are going to test and tune!!

Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote