Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #31
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Factory X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
That’s the problem these classes are only for the wealthy. Simply out of reach for most racers. Not hating on the people that can afford it just stating the facts.
And NHRA hasn't figured it out yet. They keep looking for that handful of guys that they can milk as their cash cow for a couple of years before those guys get wise and buy a boat.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #32
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 261 Posts

Billy, Buying the boat is next for me..
I bought a couple of airplanes about 12 years ago when I parked it all.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #33

Liked 926 Times in 240 Posts

Could this new class replace Pro Stock? Pro stock fans have been bitching that the Pro Stock class has become not very relevant, especially when they went to the rule you can run a Chevrolet engine in any manufacturer body. Many people I know who are Ford fans wrote the class off after that. Many were hoping that Factory stock shootout cars would replace Pro Stock. Maybe after a year of exhibition, they will put the remaining Pro Stock cars into Pro Mod and we will go back to a time when Pro Stock had all 3 brands with recognizable bodies and engines that are more aligned with something available from the manufacturer. Even with the price of these cars, I think they will still be cheaper than a current Pro Stock car.
I am hoping thats where this is going. I wasnt old enough to remember home built pro stocks, but by the time I became a fan in the late 70s, it was sort of where Factory X will be.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #34
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 395 Times in 182 Posts

Any ideas or examples of what a Factory X car will look like?
Old 12-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #35
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
Could this new class replace Pro Stock? Pro stock fans have been bitching that the Pro Stock class has become not very relevant, especially when they went to the rule you can run a Chevrolet engine in any manufacturer body. Many people I know who are Ford fans wrote the class off after that. Many were hoping that Factory stock shootout cars would replace Pro Stock. Maybe after a year of exhibition, they will put the remaining Pro Stock cars into Pro Mod and we will go back to a time when Pro Stock had all 3 brands with recognizable bodies and engines that are more aligned with something available from the manufacturer. Even with the price of these cars, I think they will still be cheaper than a current Pro Stock car.
I am hoping thats where this is going. I wasnt old enough to remember home built pro stocks, but by the time I became a fan in the late 70s, it was sort of where Factory X will be.
Duane, I like the way you think. I have followed Pro Stock since the beginning and don't like what it has become. This class could become the new Pro Stock and be fun to watch, IF NHRA doesn't ruin it.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #36
Dyno

Liked 605 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
Any ideas or examples of what a Factory X car will look like?
They are supposed to be the same as the cars at the dealership, except lower and with a bigger tire on the back.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #37
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

According to this article, the NHRA plans to maintain parity in Factory X through engine changes. Hopefully, they will be carefully and thoughtfully considered before any changes are made.

https://www.competitionplus.com/drag...hrough-engines
Old 12-06-2021, 06:14 PM   #38
BG56

Liked 278 Times in 101 Posts

[QUOTE=1347;653383]Could this new class replace Pro Stock? Pro stock fans have been bitching that the Pro Stock class has become not very relevant, especially when they went to the rule you can run a Chevrolet engine in any manufacturer body. Many people I know who are Ford fans wrote the class off after that. Many were hoping that Factory stock shootout cars would replace Pro Stock. Maybe after a year of exhibition, they will put the remaining Pro Stock cars into Pro Mod and we will go back to a time when Pro Stock had all 3 brands with recognizable bodies and engines that are more aligned with something available from the manufacturer. Even with the price of these cars, I think they will still be cheaper than a current Pro Stock car.
I am hoping thats where this is going. I wasnt old enough to remember home built pro stocks, but by the time I became a fan in the late 70s, it was sort of where Factory X will be. I don't see how PS can run in PM, they're roughly one second behind. Maybe allow power adders? (If that's what you meant)
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:19 PM   #39

Liked 926 Times in 240 Posts

[QUOTE=BG56;653410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
I am hoping thats where this is going. I wasnt old enough to remember home built pro stocks, but by the time I became a fan in the late 70s, it was sort of where Factory X will be. I don't see how PS can run in PM, they're roughly one second behind. Maybe allow power adders? (If that's what you meant)
I'm sure they can figure something out, power adders, weight break etc.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #40
Rose Racing

Liked 141 Times in 55 Posts

[QUOTE=1347;653413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG56 View Post

I'm sure they can figure something out, power adders, weight break etc.
Just put em in Comp... they are a classic B/A
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked