Default Re: Factory X

Hope this class has a lot of cars not just 4 or 5
Old 12-08-2021, 05:47 PM   #52
SS/GSI

Liked 517 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefarmer View Post
Agree with you, I attended 6 national events and 1 NMCA at Norwalk This year, the attendance at NHRA was surprisingly well attended. The NMCA race which was my first to attend in, which I personally think they had a great racing program full of awesome racing but the stands were empty, very sad when compared to the array of racing going on. Apparently people want to see the Pro Nitro classes. The stands just seem to clean out when there done. Pro stock and FSS gets little attention at races and I think FSS is great racing and much better than prostock but thats my opinon. I know of atleast a dozen new FX cars being built at 3 different chassis shops but they will be late next year till any of them will be completed. I hope no factory support people or anyone that wants to be a sponsor does not scroll past some of these threads. So many nanny nahsayers here complaining about the rules and NHRA its kinda sad. Everyone knows what arena they are gonna be stepping into when they decide to go racing and should not be surprised when the rules get changed since that has been going on for decades. I understand brand loyalty but I gave that up my self when the manufactures gave up on customer loyalty. I will now buy and race what ever I think is gonna be the best use-full or best competitive for me at the time of making the purchase. I dont care for some of the rules of the new FX class and how there is no public explanation and reasoning of how they come up with the paraity adjustments in FSS but it is what it is.

Although NHRA may be attended more than its counterparts, its attendance is dismal and embarrassing....my problem is I was a fan way before my brother and I began racing...I was at Englishtown, Maple Grove, Indianapolis, etc...when my dad and us use to buy an extra seat just to get 4" more of bench each! I remember Fridays at E-town where it was 10 deep at the fence for Friday night qualifying. I remember having to book my hotel and buy tickets the day the schedule came out for the next season! So while some may be satisfied or even impressed with the attendance...I say its sad. Did the aging population of fans simply dwindle the numbers via attrition or did Live TV kill the Fans in the Stands??? Maybe a combination of both. Regardless, my point was that I know how hard the teams will work to get involved into this class. The $$$ they will spend as well as the commitment I'm sure they have made to NHRA, seeing that NHRA wouldn't come up with this class without support already behind it from teams. All I am hoping for is that the cars don't become jelly beans(ie. PS) and that politics and/or personal/manufacturer based agendas are not accommodated by NHRA via bogus parity rules. Hard work should prevail...not be punished. IMHO
Old 12-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #53
onefarmer

Liked 71 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Although NHRA may be attended more than its counterparts, its attendance is dismal and embarrassing....my problem is I was a fan way before my brother and I began racing...I was at Englishtown, Maple Grove, Indianapolis, etc...when my dad and us use to buy an extra seat just to get 4" more of bench each! I remember Fridays at E-town where it was 10 deep at the fence for Friday night qualifying. I remember having to book my hotel and buy tickets the day the schedule came out for the next season! So while some may be satisfied or even impressed with the attendance...I say its sad. Did the aging population of fans simply dwindle the numbers via attrition or did Live TV kill the Fans in the Stands??? Maybe a combination of both. Regardless, my point was that I know how hard the teams will work to get involved into this class. The $$$ they will spend as well as the commitment I'm sure they have made to NHRA, seeing that NHRA wouldn't come up with this class without support already behind it from teams. All I am hoping for is that the cars don't become jelly beans(ie. PS) and that politics and/or personal/manufacturer based agendas are not accommodated by NHRA via bogus parity rules. Hard work should prevail...not be punished. IMHO
Very true points, TV shows today are now doing to racing what the tv shows have done to the Hunting scene. Every one thinks they should be able to shoot a 170" white tail buck the same they think only a car on street outlaws is fast. Not knowing that if you would give any good competitor in stock or super stock the same budget they would probably eat their lunch easily. the whole media thing is ruining about everything. The negativity amoungst fellow racers is what no one needs to hear. There is allways more to the story than what is told by the guys one a key board. As a racing community we should promote all the classes from the entry level to the top pro class. I am sure no one building a new FX car or any class car spending the $, like to hear some ones opinion about how expensive it is or how it is going to be screwed up soon. Some one with a fast super stock car may say an FX car is out of budget but a guy in super street could say a super stock car would to expensive along with a person racing locally would say anything else is too much $$. just my two cents..
onefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:12 PM   #54
Dan Bennett

Liked 353 Times in 78 Posts

I was really happy to see the rules for this class since it took me back to what Pro Stock cars used to be and I saw it as a much better alternative to the mutants we see racing now.

My only hesitation has nothing to do with the class itself. It's the parity thing that seems to be the new standard. It's ludicrous that a manufacturer could admit their stuff is slower and they need help so they can win too. That is totally 180 out from what this sort of factory racing is/was supposed to be.

I'll probably draw some hate when I say it makes me laugh when racers with a crazy soft index tell others "Work harder". But that is exactly what I would say to any manufacturer who can't be bothered to improve their product to meet the competition.

I'm also not sure what I think of the situation when improving the product just means a bigger blower or different pulleys. But without a doubt, this class has tremendous potential.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:47 AM   #55
bobbyd6

Liked 71 Times in 27 Posts

too may classes already
Old 12-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #56

Liked 926 Times in 240 Posts

Talked to an Engineer from work who races PDRA stuff, has a 10.5 tire car that is crazy fast. he appreciates class racing, but follows Pro Mod when it comes to NHRA stuff. he says he totally excited about the FX class. he said that 1000hp plus with a factory body ( and he knows the body rule) with a somewhat small tire and a stick shift is gonna be cool. he said other guys who have some pretty expensive cars he races with are watching to see if they want to try it out. hopefully this enthusiasm grows.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #57
Rose Racing

Liked 141 Times in 55 Posts

Im personally excited for it... I love the Stick Shift and clutch rules and I also love the tire rules. Not a fan of radial racing with no bars and radials that cant get down a warm surface. I think the class has a chance to grow and get a wide variety and a diversified group of competitors. I see guys from FSS getting involved of course.... I see potential for Pro Stock, Outlaw 10.5, radial(NMCA/NMRA etc, and possibly some Comp Eliminator teams giving this thing a whirl if the class is right. I hope to see some guys try these things in Comp Eliminator this year at some point!
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #58
SDT1DYI

Liked 394 Times in 124 Posts

I would think NHRA in the new A/FX class is looking to add a class to attract fan interest.
Remember NHRA is in the entertainment business.
The entertainment happens to be Drag Racing.
If another class dies such as Pro Stock as we know it, so be it as long as track attendence goes up to increase revenues, NHRA is a happy camper. ( No pun intended).
Do fans really enjoy whatching all .90 classes? Fans do understand heads up racing.
I would like to see what would happen if the rotation at a National event was changed. Put the .90 classes out first at 8.00 Am. Run Class cars later when more or most of the fans are in the stands.
Wheel standing Stockers and Super Stocker are entertainment that currently few get a chance see.

Just my point of view...
Steve Teeter STK/SS 620
SDT1DYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #59
pmrphil

Liked 248 Times in 107 Posts

Do fans really enjoy whatching all .90 classes? Fans do understand heads up racing.
I would like to see what would happen if the rotation at a National event was changed. Put the .90 classes out first at 8.00 Am. Run Class cars later when more or most of the fans are in the stands.
Wheel standing Stockers and Super Stocker are entertainment that currently few get a chance see.

Just my point of view...
Steve Teeter STK/SS 620[/QUOTE]
Well, you asked, so here's my take. No, most fans don't care for throttle stop racing. Heads up, yes. Super Stock and Stock would probably be a lot more watched if they were paired up close to each other's ET, but we all know that can't happen, it's tough enough the way it is now.
Go in the stands as a spectator and you'll see the stands empty when anything other than the pro's are running, with the exception of pro mod, top sportsman, and top dragster. Watch the fans and you can see for yourself. It's pretty sad. The only ones (for the most part) left in the stands are family and friends of S, S/S, or any of the 90 classes.
Liked
Old 12-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #60
Rose Racing

Liked 141 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrphil View Post

Just my point of view...
Steve Teeter STK/SS 620
Well, you asked, so here's my take. No, most fans don't care for throttle stop racing. Heads up, yes. Super Stock and Stock would probably be a lot more watched if they were paired up close to each other's ET, but we all know that can't happen, it's tough enough the way it is now.
Go in the stands as a spectator and you'll see the stands empty when anything other than the pro's are running, with the exception of pro mod, top sportsman, and top dragster. Watch the fans and you can see for yourself. It's pretty sad. The only ones (for the most part) left in the stands are family and friends of S, S/S, or any of the 90 classes.[/QUOTE]

The die hard or hard core drag racing purist that isnt a competitor has left. Much the same as NASCAR ran off its diehard fan base and only has a handful of marginal uneducated casual race fan. which NHRA has pandered to casual fans since the mid 2000s..... and I think when they got rid of Modified was the start to running of the hardcore NHRA race fan. The way an NHRA event is scheduled its suited as a whole toward a casual race fan.Look at the way not just the Lucas oil series is scheduled but look at Pro Mod. You cant go on Sunday and watch Pro Mod or the alcohol classes Eliminator from start to end. You get to see a whopping 8 cars in each. Most diehards have left or got to Indy one day or so.
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked