HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #21

Liked 925 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: Strange Coincidence...... or...... ?

If by choice, I never use FedEx, they are the only company to lose my shipments.

Last one was a coil spring compressor that I looked for weeks to find due to being on backorder. The vendor shipped the only one he had. When I got a notification it was delivered, I had to research because it wasn't on my doorstep. Even thought my address was on the package, it was delivered to Nevada, not New Jersey. They would not go back for it, and Although the vendor gave me my money back, I was beat.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #22
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

I dropped of a package at the local UPS Service center in a box that UPS sells and is UPS approved/recommends---dropped it off at 5 pm and did a tracking the next AM about 730--- NO RECORD of a box that was 12x18x18--- I had a tracking number and everything it just vanished after I dropped it off AT UPS shipping counter ---not at a dealer or shipping service----at THE UPS district shipping facility----it supposedly went from the counter right into the UPS trailer 10 feet behind the counter I saw it it went into the trailer--- UPS had no explanation took me 3 months to get my money back they didn't want to do it but I called every day for the 3 months to get my money back --- I now ONLY ship INSURED no matter the value and must sign for delivery--- No more bullshi*t of leaving it on the porch or whatever-- they are all the same !!!! FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:02 PM   #23
L.Fite

Liked 352 Times in 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
I dropped of a package at the local UPS Service center in a box that UPS sells and is UPS approved/recommends---dropped it off at 5 pm and did a tracking the next AM about 730--- NO RECORD of a box that was 12x18x18--- I had a tracking number and everything it just vanished after I dropped it off AT UPS shipping counter ---not at a dealer or shipping service----at THE UPS district shipping facility----it supposedly went from the counter right into the UPS trailer 10 feet behind the counter I saw it it went into the trailer--- UPS had no explanation took me 3 months to get my money back they didn't want to do it but I called every day for the 3 months to get my money back --- I now ONLY ship INSURED no matter the value and must sign for delivery--- No more bullshi*t of leaving it on the porch or whatever-- they are all the same !!!! FED 387
Signed for means nothing...
Since covid I've not signed for anything...
Most times don't even see the driver...
Walk outside and viola- there's a package...
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #24
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

I had a couple of street /strip converters send to me from another builder, via FedEx.Both made it to the freight terminal in Phx. At that point, one of them disappeared!! The shipper had them insured so he sent me another one.
My point is, I believe the riff- raff in the loading zone see torque converter on a box and they can't keep their grimy, would be racer's hands off it. I realize most of the big builders have advertising all over their shipping boxes. I don't know the solution here.
I had daily UPS at one time, and never lost a thing.
Just remembered..I had a display converter stolen at Edgewater. It was a bunch of mis-matched parts, and not welded together. It was useless to the thief. Again , I think torque converters are vulnerable , and a magnet to low life gear heads.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #25
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,076 Times in 767 Posts

FYI

The United Nations was presented with a warning signed by the International Air Transport Association, International Road Transport Union, International Transport Workers Federation, and International Chamber of Shipping explaining an imminent collapse of the global supply chain due to Covid-19 restrictions, labor shortages, and overworked employees leaving.

Snarled shipping lines are disrupting the movement of natural rubber, a key material used in tires as well as components under the hood. With the global supply already running short following stockpiling by China and a devastating leaf disease, rubber prices are on the rise and some U.S. auto suppliers are rushing to secure shipments before the market gets squeezed further.

Chip shortages are estimated to cost the car industry $210 billion in lost revenue this year and will cause ordering and manufacturing delays to all parts with microprocessors in them from window switches on up to DME’s and much more.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #26
1matcoman

Liked 279 Times in 111 Posts
Cool Re: Strange Coincidence...... or...... ?

There's an article in the Business Section of today's Houston Chronicle that FedEx is about to start testing driver-less trucks between Dallas and Houston.
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote