HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #11
L.Fite

Liked 352 Times in 176 Posts
Default Re: Strange Coincidence...... or...... ?

Ordered a pair of aluminum cyl. heads and they shipped FEDX...
When I got home from work they were in the yard next to the drive way, in the rain, with EDELBROCK ALUMINUM HEAD in big red letters (you know what an Edelbrock box looks like...) just waiting for the next vagrant going down the street to pick up!
Probably would have took them directly to the scrap yard and got about 5 bucks!...
I was sort of PO'ed...
Have a friend with a business that gets stuff delivered and comes in mondays to find boxes chunked over the fence!
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #12
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,585 Times in 1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Rees View Post

Agreed, the worker shortage is the biggest issue.

Things are not in good shape.....country wise....

Curt Rees
I think you pretty much nailed it……..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #13
Dan Bennett

Liked 350 Times in 76 Posts

Probably not related, other than it's a Fedex story.

A friend in Florida has a machine shop and ordered around $150 worth of electronics a few weeks ago. It shipped Fedex and showed delivery a few days late. But he hadn't received it.

He spent way too much time arguing with Fedex but finally got them to check into it. Turns out it had been delivered a couple of blocks down the road - to a nursing home.

So he sends an employee to the nursing home to collect the package, a bit confused that they hadn't bothered to call and tell him they received his package. When asked, the people at the nursing home told him that they'd given it to his secretary when she came to get it the same day it arrived. He doesn't have a secretary.

The shipment got replaced but I don't remember if it was by the company he dealt with or if fedex handled it. Anyhow, kinda funny that a random person would know that a package got delivered to the wrong address.

Last edited by Dan Bennett; 09-23-2021 at 08:17 PM.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:41 PM   #14
Buick6

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

I guess shipping screw ups are becoming common. I had a package delivered a few months ago that was not mine. The street was correct but the house address wasn't even close. I called UPS and told them I received someone else's package. They took my info down and said they would have the package picked up. Didn't hear anything for 3 days. I finally delivered the package myself to the correct address about a mile away. The people there said they tried to report it missing but UPS said it was delivered. I told them UPS knew where it was for the last 3 days. No one from UPS ever called me back or showed up to pick up that package.
Buick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:53 PM   #15
CMcAllister

Liked 734 Times in 204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bennett View Post
Probably not related, other than it's a Fedex story.

A friend in Florida has a machine shop and ordered around $150 worth of electronics a few weeks ago. It shipped Fedex and showed delivery a few days late. But he hadn't received it.

He spent way too much time arguing with Fedex but finally got them to check into it. Turns out it had been delivered a couple of blocks down the road - to a nursing home.

So he sends an employee to the nursing home to collect the package, a bit confused that they hadn't bothered to call and tell him they received his package. When asked, the people at the nursing home told him that they'd given it to his secretary when she came to get it the same day it arrived. He doesn't have a secretary.

The shipment got replaced but I don't remember if it was by the company he dealt with or if fedex handled it. Anyhow, kinda funny that a random person would know that a package got delivered to the wrong address.
Wasn't a random person. Probably working with the criminal who delivered it to the wrong place intentionally.

The holiday season hasn't even started yet. Should be interesting.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 09-23-2021 at 10:56 PM.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:48 AM   #16
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

I quit shipping in identifiable packages. A set of Brodix heads vanished into thin air right from the local XXX Terminal. Lucky they were on my account and I kept the receipt. They were in Brodix boxes and had my shop name/decal plastered on the side of the boxes. Someone knew what they were getting. Had it happen with an Edelbrock manifold box I used to ship some other parts. Use a ordinary box now, no names...
Old 09-24-2021, 07:33 AM   #17
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
I quit shipping in identifiable packages. A set of Brodix heads vanished into thin air right from the local XXX Terminal. Lucky they were on my account and I kept the receipt. They were in Brodix boxes and had my shop name/decal plastered on the side of the boxes. Someone knew what they were getting. Had it happen with an Edelbrock manifold box I used to ship some other parts. Use a ordinary box now, no names...
Good point - both convertors I shipped were in the company's boxes - that makes it easy for thieves. It's frustrating because even though I'll get paid for the missing stuff it is a total pain to replace it.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #18
Henrys Toy

Liked 452 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post
Good point - both convertors I shipped were in the company's boxes - that makes it easy for thieves. It's frustrating because even though I'll get paid for the missing stuff it is a total pain to replace it.
Good morning to all,
Just reading everyone's reply's should also make us aware to "Insure"- Everything being shipped.
The guys from TSR once told me they shipped a complete Power Glide Transmission from New Hampshire to the state of Washington.
Chris put it on a pallet, Strapped it down and then built a plywood box around it.
A "said" carrier picked it up - about two weeks later the customer called to say he got his Transmission, it was in a Paper Bag!
Thankfully the trans was insured.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #19
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrys Toy View Post
Good morning to all,
Just reading everyone's reply's should also make us aware to "Insure"- Everything being shipped.
The guys from TSR once told me they shipped a complete Power Glide Transmission from New Hampshire to the state of Washington.
Chris put it on a pallet, Strapped it down and then built a plywood box around it.
A "said" carrier picked it up - about two weeks later the customer called to say he got his Transmission, it was in a Paper Bag!
Thankfully the trans was insured.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
I believe some time ago that happen to Charlie Westcott Jr.
He shipped a billet camshaft to a customer and when the customer opened the box, it had been replaced with a pipe!
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #20
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts

My son broke a rocker arm on Hot Rod's Drag Week 2021.

We got in touch with the manufacture late in the day. Their UPS pickup had already happened, however they took it to UPS for overnight early delivery to Rochelle, IL.

Shortly after 8:00 the UPS driver walked into the hotel lobby with our parts, almost thirty minutes ahead of the predicted delivery time.

So good things can still happen.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote