HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > North West Class Racer Association
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
SDT1DYI

Liked 394 Times in 124 Posts
Default NWCR changes for 2024

First let me say "Happy Thanksgiving to all NWCR Racers" .
Larry Merk has stepped back from his role with us. Larry did most of the heavy lifting these past couple of years with his son Mike's help.
Larry is working on finishing his Chevy II project and Mike is finishing up a new build and a second build for an East Coast racer.
When you see them at a track next year , please thank them for their hard work these past two years.
James Boyce will be taking over most of the work Larry did at the races in 2024, along with Rick Green. Rick is as well responsible for our Class Racer posting site
There will be more to follow on this.
For 2024 we are planning 4 to 6 races. We are working on getting dates set up all the tracks currently. Every effort is being made to not conflict with "other " events.
First event is looking like Qlispe Raceway in Spokane first weekend in May. Two weeks ahead of NHRA Firebird Divisonal.
Last race, back to Woodburn mid Sept .
Working on June, July and August events, more to follow soon.
Mission is being discussed again but we need a firm commitment from Racers to make this event happen .
If your serious about an event at Mission 2024 , i need to hear from you . If you have race dates and tracks in mind , please E Mail me .
We do have NWCR T Shirts available. They make great gifts for that Gearhead friend.

Happy Holidays to All.

Steve.

steven.d.teeter.67@gmail.com
SDT1DYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-24-2023, 03:05 PM   #2
VE6DRW

Liked 26 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: NWCR changes for 2024

Hi Steve:

We'd be serious about a Mission race (or double header), as it's a Canadian venue, and thus easier on the pocketbook for us. We'd need to know dates to confirm.

I don't know if there'd be any interest in a race at the track near Edmonton (Rad Torque) due to the travel distance for US racers, but if you think there is, I can approach the management on your behalf. We'd probably be able to add 4 to 6 local cars to a race at the Edmonton track.

Dave
Liked
Old 11-24-2023, 07:22 PM   #3
SDT1DYI

Dave, Edmonton might be a little to far but we will discuss it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mission is very close , can be fast. Several local Canadian cars in the area that you would think would/should make the event. On the US side , NHRA Divisonal events were pretty well attended in the past at Mission. The border is open , Covid issues are gone, US racers get like you said, " a better bang for their US Dollar."

The "Key" for us is to get all the Stock, Super Stock guys that have kept their cars in the garage for the past couple of years to come out to All our NWCR events!
24 to 32 cars, would make for some great racing and $$$ to hand back to our Racers .
How do we get guys out , is our challenge..
We need everyone's help in getting the car counts we need.

Class Racers , send us your ideas.

Steve Teeter Stk/SS. 620
Liked
Old 11-25-2023, 12:32 PM   #4
VE6DRW

"The "Key" for us is to get all the Stock, Super Stock guys that have kept their cars in the garage for the past couple of years to come out to All our NWCR events!
24 to 32 cars, would make for some great racing and $$$ to hand back to our Racers .
How do we get guys out , is our challenge..
We need everyone's help in getting the car counts we need."

We'll wait for the schedule to come out. Would like to support the group, but even Spokane - the closest - is a 10 hour (one way) pull for us.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:03 PM   #5
VE6DRW

... and a few thoughts on attracting more racers:

• Group races close together that are geographically in close proximity. This could help reduce travel costs as participants stay in an area between races.
  • Piggy-back races with Divisional events (perhaps 1 week apart)
  • Arrange for secure (free?) trailer/car storage close to race venues (so that racers can leave their rigs - and not have to tow them home between races)
  • Arrange for reduced-cost accommodations at venues (through hotel discounts or arrangements with local AirBnB providers)
  • Arrange for restaurant discounts
We're finding that travel and related expenses are the real killer when it comes to attending races. Anything would help ...
Old 11-25-2023, 03:04 PM   #6
SDT1DYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE6DRW View Post
... and a few thoughts on attracting more racers:

• Group races close together that are geographically in close proximity. This could help reduce travel costs as participants stay in an area between races.
  • Piggy-back races with Divisional events (perhaps 1 week apart)
  • Arrange for secure (free?) trailer/car storage close to race venues (so that racers can leave their rigs - and not have to tow them home between races)
  • Arrange for reduced-cost accommodations at venues (through hotel discounts or arrangements with local AirBnB providers)
  • Arrange for restaurant discounts
We're finding that travel and related expenses are the real killer when it comes to attending races. Anything would help ...
Dave, We were in the past trying to keep a 2 week gap from Divisonals. Many Racers previous indicated they were afraid of breaking something and then not making the Divisonal event with back to back races.

As to recommend Hotels for Discounts, we could get I'm sure something recommended for best price and accommodations.
To negotiate rates , we would have to have some idea as to number of racers who are for sure going and number of rooms the Hotel could expect to book.
I would think a Hotel would have a normal rate and if booking reached a certain number, a second lower rate would apply.

Restaurants, I would think should be strictly by the Racer and Crews choice. Everyone has different tastes.

Leaving your stuff somewhere is a very difficult decision that should be up to each racer. Other racers homes and property are generally the best. If a NWCR racer have space and are open to providing a secure place for temporary parking , please let us know and we will get the info out their.

Steve.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:39 PM   #7
VE6DRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDT1DYI View Post
Dave, We were in the past trying to keep a 2 week gap from Divisonals. Many Racers previous indicated they were afraid of breaking something and then not making the Divisonal event with back to back races.

As to recommend Hotels for Discounts, we could get I'm sure something recommended for best price and accommodations.
To negotiate rates , we would have to have some idea as to number of racers who are for sure going and number of rooms the Hotel could expect to book.
I would think a Hotel would have a normal rate and if booking reached a certain number, a second lower rate would apply.

Restaurants, I would think should be strictly by the Racer and Crews choice. Everyone has different tastes.

Leaving your stuff somewhere is a very difficult decision that should be up to each racer. Other racers homes and property are generally the best. If a NWCR racer have space and are open to providing a secure place for temporary parking , please let us know and we will get the info out their.

Steve.

Understood Steve. Looking at the DIV 6 schedule, I see back-to-backs at Yellowstone (June 27 to 29) and then Woodburn (July 11 to 14). Thinking that Spokane on July 6 to 7 would fit well - as you'd have to drive through Spokane anyway.

Just a thought. Thanks for your efforts in trying to organize the races for 2024.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:37 PM   #8
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Guys, sorry for not getting any races in last year but for that matter, I didn't get any divisionals in either. Just a crazy year for work so no extra time. I do appreciate the effort that you guys have put into this and I will for sure attend as best I can in this upcoming year. Jim Caughlin SS6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 01:44 PM   #9
SDT1DYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Guys, sorry for not getting any races in last year but for that matter, I didn't get any divisionals in either. Just a crazy year for work so no extra time. I do appreciate the effort that you guys have put into this and I will for sure attend as best I can in this upcoming year. Jim Caughlin SS6019
We missed you Jim, hope you can make all the NWCR events in 2024.

steven.d.teeter.67@gmail.com