Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: 2001 z28 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick lester View Post
Here is another idea, IHRA Pure Stock. You're in NC, the heart of the IHRA. Headers, gearing, good rebuilt trans and converter, a dyno supertune, pure stock ready. Talk to Dan from MD that is borderline "crazy", lol, about pure stock. Building a daily driver pure stocker, you won't be setting the world on fire but you will be getting to go up and down the track for alot less than building a dedicated stocker.
THANKS Rick !!
Think we all qualify being boarder line crazy.
At least many of our wives think so.
Someone has to be an Advocate...
D

Footbrake:
REAR: Go to the Z28 forums.
The guys there know how to live with the stock Rear.
Some put a good deal of power behind it.

DynoTune: Bryan Herter PCMforLess or Ed Wright

Bang for the Buck: Converter before Headers.
I like Yank over Edge over Vig.

Open Exhaust are allowed with Stock Exhaust Manifolds.
Headers you need it corked up with Mufflers. X or H Pipe on either

Zero Lash the Valves and on your way.

Bullet already has the right Pure Stock Cam for you when you are ready for the next step.

Dan
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #12
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
Hey Footbrakesbc. I am racing and still building a 93 Z28 as Pure Stocker. You have plenty of IHRA racing close and this is a very inexpensive way to get into stock eliminator. I have done headers, as much lightening, a/c egr delete, computer tuning, wheels/tires. a GOOD converter, and 4.10 gears. I have right around 4k in the entire car, have gone 4/10ths under, and am holding my own in Div 2 points. This car is for my oldest son who is in his last season in JR's right now. It is a great footbrake car and will be an even better stocker. Right now I'm putting a 12bolt in along with an aftermarket torque arm, LCA;s, adjustable panhard, and subframe connectors. I had hoped to do this farther down the road but I broke the stock posi already and SCORED on this 12 bolt. We will eventually upgrade this car into a crate motor or maybe legal stocker down the road. I love the Pure Stock concept as it allows you to get into Stock for a minimal investment and "earn as you learn".
Are you the Same Kenny Anderson that ran a 69 Camaro in Stock Elim.
Do you still have that car ??
Your Pure Stock Ideas Are The Cheapest Way To Go.
Love Your New Car.
Good Luck With It.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #13
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Are you the Same Kenny Anderson that ran a 69 Camaro in Stock Elim.
Do you still have that car ??
Your Pure Stock Ideas Are The Cheapest Way To Go.
Love Your New Car.
Good Luck With It.
Hey Pete, unfortunately no. I had a 67 but it was a fast full chassis car. This is my first foray into class racing although I have wanted one for a LOOONNNGGG time. My big car is a 55 chevy that I have run everything from Outlaw 10.5 to Super Gas. Its a really good fast bracket car. Its getting a makeover but I'll hit the trail in Top Sportsman with it. The Camaro has been a ton of fun and pretty successful already. We just got it last September and have been modding it as we go. It has already won at least 25% of what I got in it! Cant say that about many of my rides.

On a happy note, I took the stock rear apart today and all it did was knock some teeth off the spiders. I might just throw in a mini spool and let her rip. Richmond makes one that works with the C-clips.

I agree with Dan 100% on the best bang for your buck. I had Greg at FTI whip one up for me. He does all my other cars stuff and honestly the cost was 1/2 or less of what Yank wanted. IT IS A BAD PIECE!!! Picked me up 3/10ths........IN THE SHORTY!!!!! Went from low 1.90's to a new best of 1.62.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote