Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,579 Times in 323 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Angry Hold on - Stop the presses ! ! ! I'm mad

Many subjects have been covered lately since this COVID-19 crap has started but no one has talked about unemployment insurance - are all you guys (and gals) too proud to talk about it ? Well lets start - in Pennsylvania many,many businesses have been forced to close - it's legal to sell beer and wine but you can't sell a car .Yesterday the lawn guys were at my house to 'weed and feed' my lawn but my car lot is closed .Go figure.It's ok to get an oil change but my dentist is closed .

In my almost six decades of employment here I've paid unemployment taxes in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey and in all that time I've collected once - and it lasted ONE DAY.Yesterday I told that to someone who replied that the money should go to people who need it - and I told that person to leave. .Now as a senior the state has forced me to close and sign up .And lay off employees .This would be better if I could go race but even that has been taken away. After almost two weeks of sitting in my office bored I can't stand it - I want to open the window and shout out that famous movie line - "I'm mad as Hell ........you know the rest.

All that plus I'm tired of sitting down to dinner every night and listening to our Presidents 'Gloom and Doom' on TV. When will it end ?????
Old 04-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts
Default Re: Hold on - Stop the presses ! ! ! I'm mad

So as an owner of your company you can collect unemployment monies?
Old 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

E ZEEEE Jack, wait til June before going bonkers
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
So as an owner of your company you can collect unemployment monies?
Yes- My company is a corporation - I am President and an employee who pays unemployment taxes to the state and according to my accountant I did the right thing by filing for compensation benefits .That said I have not received any money yet .
Old 04-02-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
stage1scott

Liked 98 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Yes- My company is a corporation - I am President and an employee who pays unemployment taxes to the state and according to my accountant I did the right thing by filing for compensation benefits .That said I have not received any money yet .
same boat here Jack-signed up last night. While we are technically "open" for repairs, NO ONE is driving their cars, so NO ONE needs to repair their cars and NO ONE is spending money at the moment-3 oil changes last week.
As an aside, tell me you went to the sba website and signed up for the "forgiveable" 10k loan! If you didn't, do it now! it is aimed at guys like us.....

start here https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs...ter-assistance
Old 04-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #6
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
think about the benefits you do get already, do you expense your racecars, your fuel, your motorhome and trailer? aiutomotive business owners that race usually deduct, expense as advertising, enjoy the benefits you have and have a little consideration for others, like the 3 racers from division 3 that just died or the 1 month old that just passed. imagine how those parents feel.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-03-2020, 12:58 AM   #7
stage1scott

Liked 98 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
think about the benefits you do get already, do you expense your racecars, your fuel, your motorhome and trailer? aiutomotive business owners that race usually deduct, expense as advertising, enjoy the benefits you have and have a little consideration for others, like the 3 racers from division 3 that just died or the 1 month old that just passed. imagine how those parents feel.
I think you are missing Jacks point-he doesn't WANT to collect unemployment, he wants to WORK.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #8
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post

I'm not sure I understand your post - I do feel for folks who have been affected by the virus but me ( or anyone for that matter ) getting unemployment compensation has nothing to do with them - please explain to us .
Old 04-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #9
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

i guess i was making 2 points to counter your 2 points, 1 being shut down and 2 not collecting unemployment. 1 your business is shut down to hopefully keep you, your employees and customers safe from this virus that has killed 3 racers and is highly contageous. 2 you were complaing that you cannot collect unemployment as a business owner, my point was you get many tax benefits as a business owner to fund your racing operation which far outweighs what you will get in unemployment. so let it go. by the way you can now apply for a loan as a business owner that up to 50pct will not have to be paid back if you can show 25pct was used for payroll and 25pct is used for rent/expenses.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #10
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Many subjects have been covered lately since this COVID-19 crap has started but no one has talked about unemployment insurance - are all you guys (and gals) too proud to talk about it ? Well lets start - in Pennsylvania many,many businesses have been forced to close - it's legal to sell beer and wine but you can't sell a car .Yesterday the lawn guys were at my house to 'weed and feed' my lawn but my car lot is closed .Go figure.It's ok to get an oil change but my dentist is closed .

In my almost six decades of employment here I've paid unemployment taxes in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey and in all that time I've collected once - and it lasted ONE DAY.Yesterday I told that to someone who replied that the money should go to people who need it - and I told that person to leave. .Now as a senior the state has forced me to close and sign up .And lay off employees .This would be better if I could go race but even that has been taken away. After almost two weeks of sitting in my office bored I can't stand it - I want to open the window and shout out that famous movie line - "I'm mad as Hell ........you know the rest.

All that plus I'm tired of sitting down to dinner every night and listening to our Presidents 'Gloom and Doom' on TV. When will it end ?????
Maybe by September or October
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote