HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
Randy E

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Smile St. Louis stock withdrawal

If anyone wants to run stock at St. Louis and has not entered, I am going to withdraw at 9:00 cdt today. Too much hassle stacking, parking, and getting to starting line for this old man. Randy E
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: St. Louis stock withdrawal

I'm sharing something I recently learned from my friends at the NHRA. When someone withdraws from a National Event, the spot cannot be "claimed" by anyone in particular. If you watch the entrant count and see it go below the limit, you can try entering quickly, but there is no guarantee that THAT spot will go to you. Also, if someone with a Gold Card (or whatever it's actually called nowadays) wants a spot, these folks can essentially enter at any time, regardless of the entrant limit in a category (e.g. if Super Stock is limited to 60 entrants, a cardholder will not be turned away, and can become entrant number 61). The advice I was given was to be ready mid-morning Monday on the week of the event you want to get into, because there will virtually always be people who will drop-out, and if you're johnny-on-the-spot, you can quickly enter and grab the now-open spot.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Frito

Liked 116 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: St. Louis stock withdrawal

This is nothing new and has been going on for years. I personally know of several who have gone through this process in the last few years. Do I think it is fair? Not really, but it is how the game is played