HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Angry $305.00 Nat. event entry

Posted by Chuck of C & W Racing

NHRA just keeps sticking it to us. Harder to afford this stuff as it is with the economy the way it is and now raise entry fee's again? They think that by charging 95.00 for insurance they can say the entry fee stayed the same so payout wont need to change. My racing for this comming year just got cut back even more than I had planned to have to cut back.
Chuck
Old 12-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Rick Bailey

Angry Re: $305.00 Nat. event entry

If this is a fact, then every racer need to to ban together and boycott !! Car counts are dropping and now the racers that can make it are now paying the differance. NHRA is hosing these guys.

My lisense is due in feb..........I may be saving my money .........I'll need it to help pay for Haydens national event entry somewhere. &$#@ NHRA !

OK Sportsman council,,,,,, what now...

Yeah I'm _issed !

Rick
Old 12-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: $305.00 Nat. event entry

The sad part is the fields will fill up no matter what or how they charge the "sheep" for it. Just wait and see.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,745 Times in 859 Posts
Default Re: $305.00 Nat. event entry

If you go to the registration page it's posting the rationale as being insurance driven. It's worded as such:

NHRA Announces Increase to Racer Entry Insurance Fee
Effective for the 2011 season, NHRA is increasing the racer entry insurance fee at NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events.

Insurance is one of NHRA’s major costs of conducting race events. Insurance costs have risen over the years and NHRA has been affected by claims and litigation. Therefore, the racer entry insurance fee at national events will be increased to $95 per event. Though the increase will defray some costs, NHRA will continue to bear significant insurance costs.

NHRA appreciates the continued support of the racing community.

The claims and litigation are no doubt driven by DSR's TF loss of a wheel/tire and the whole Phoenix debacle. Don't recall that they have ever made a tethering device mandatory but I don't follow TF and FC close enough to know for sure. I've said it many times before, NHRA essentially messed on everybody when they went with the Bernstein's approach vs. Big Daddy's recommendation to make those cars have to start at the end of the run before they were a winner and other cost and speed control methods. The rest of us are still paying for it and now we'll simply pay more. Everybody sees all the modern day cop show genre where they keep saying "follow the money".

As was said, life is all about choices...everybody needs to make them.

Last edited by jmcarter; 12-15-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Grammar
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The fees went up and the quota came down. I do not think NHRA is worried about money collected from sportsman entries.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #6

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds to me like the cost of doing business, they will suck up to the pros and **** the little guys.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Won't be long before somebody says "$100,000 cars racing in 'entry level' Stock, what's a couple more bucks for a good time? You people whine and cry about everything!" Guess what? People wouldn't b*tch if you didn't do stupid stuff! (ok, not as much at least)

I've made commitments already. Otherwise, it'd be super easy to just go back to doing what I was doing. Had the late '90s been like this environment, I never would've gotten started in Stock Eliminator in the first place. They never cease to amaze me. Can't wait to see the press release on this one. "Part of our continuing commitment to the racer..." Who's even awake at the PR department? Races coming up, and nobody knows what classes are running where, no announcement on this latest "enhancement", etc. Absolutely amazing.

So, lower quotas, just raise fees to help offset the difference, and now you've got a more manageable time schedule. Everybody's happy! Err... right?

'Course they have to generate some more money to pay for their two new execs, too...

Last edited by Michael Beard; 12-15-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Michael Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Rick Bailey

NHRA Announces Increase to Racer Entry Insurance Fee
Effective for the 2011 season, NHRA is increasing the racer entry insurance fee at NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events.

Insurance is one of NHRA’s major costs of conducting race events. Insurance costs have risen over the years and NHRA has been affected by claims and litigation. Therefore, the racer entry insurance fee at national events will be increased to $95 per event. Though the increase will defray some costs, NHRA will continue to bear significant insurance costs.

NHRA appreciates the continued support of the racing community.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
chevy620
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rick.....

That's funny right there.

Why don't they tell us what the "premium is" and "what is covered", we are all paying for it, right?

Back to brackets.

Jok
chevy620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Bohica............................................ ........
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote