Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 04:15 PM   #21
Paul Precht

Liked 224 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals 2024?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
IMO, The Class Nationals would have better success if the race was held at a track that typically has good support during the LODRS. Numidia does Not get great car counts in S/SS during the LODRS.
If you had the Numidia race in May and MG in mid July, MG would still have more S and SS but the difference would be a lot closer. I know a lot of older guys my age aren't bothered by the heat as much as I am but I can't race 2 or 3 days with temps sometimes in the mid 90s along with high humidity which is why I can't do Numidia which is a shame since it's only 10 mile from my house, I come down to watch for 3 or 4 hours and have to go home to get out of the sun, my blood pressure med is part of that problem. Numidia still has better S and SS counts than the majority of LODRS races in the US.
Paul Precht is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-01-2024, 06:03 PM   #22
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts

I just think it’s amazing thing someone would want to go through the effort to put on a Stock/Super Stock race for all of us. We should all be thankful for that. Reading some of the comments is the exact reason we don’t have a lot of opportunities to have races like this in the first place. Leave it to Classracers to question the track it’s gonna be at, the time of the year, the time of the day, and which direction the wind will be blowing on that particular weekend. Thanks for the effort of potentially putting together another ClassRacer Nationals Kenny and Tim!
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 06:41 PM   #23
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,627 Times in 1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Horensky View Post
I just think it’s amazing thing someone would want to go through the effort to put on a Stock/Super Stock race for all of us. We should all be thankful for that. Reading some of the comments is the exact reason we don’t have a lot of opportunities to have races like this in the first place. Leave it to Classracers to question the track it’s gonna be at, the time of the year, the time of the day, and which direction the wind will be blowing on that particular weekend. Thanks for the effort of potentially putting together another ClassRacer Nationals Kenny and Tim!
Geez, a dollar to a doughnut sez it will be at Numidia just like the previous CR Nats. You can support it OR not BUT how many times can Kenny beat his head against the fricken wall. The man LOVES Class Racing and has shown it time after time . Again, would someone remind me what the definition of INSANITY is ? Now is the time for Timothy Fletcher to repost his diatribe as to why class racers won’t attend a race like this. The young man was soooo spot on !!!! Happy New Year !!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 08:23 PM   #24
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

MG and Numidia are about 75 miles apart...
Just go,..already. Jeez.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:04 AM   #25
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,461 Times in 1,960 Posts

We hope the race is in the middle of two other races so we can get at least two races on the Eastern Swing. We hope that we will be able to attend.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-02-2024, 11:59 AM   #26
RKelliher

Liked 147 Times in 47 Posts

I would love to attend this race, and I'm coming from over 8hr away.just need to know when and track.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:25 PM   #27
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
We hope the race is in the middle of two other races so we can get at least two races on the Eastern Swing. We hope that we will be able to attend.
Larry it will be good to see you and your boss in Division One. We hope you can talk several of your other Division 3 racers into going. Division one and three have the most sportsman racers. If we can get both our Divisions plus some from Div. 2 and others to support these types of racers. It will be easier to get tracks to put on these types of events. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-02-2024, 10:36 PM   #28
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

If at all possible..... I would like to be there it happens again...
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:50 PM   #29
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

The heat is something to watch out for. There are ways to do it. Maybe offer a race partnership with a person that has a RV to help get into air conditioning and in return they wheel the race car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Precht View Post
If you had the Numidia race in May and MG in mid July, MG would still have more S and SS but the difference would be a lot closer. I know a lot of older guys my age aren't bothered by the heat as much as I am but I can't race 2 or 3 days with temps sometimes in the mid 90s along with high humidity which is why I can't do Numidia which is a shame since it's only 10 mile from my house, I come down to watch for 3 or 4 hours and have to go home to get out of the sun, my blood pressure med is part of that problem. Numidia still has better S and SS counts than the majority of LODRS races in the US.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:53 PM   #30
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,213 Times in 1,237 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks everyone for your input and support. I will be posting the Flyer in a few hours, so yes it’s go. I’m pretty excited about this... all the info will be on the flyer, and I think you guys are really going to like the format.

We chose Numidia Dragway for many reason. The Wednesday before the D1 double race makes sense for everyone. They are the best track to work with bar none. They love sportsman racing and go out of their way to support us. They are the most accommodating track I have ever been to. They understand the racer, because they are racers.

I hope to you see all at the 2024 Class Racer Nationals... any question feel free to contact me anytime.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote