HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TD national event?

Can anyone confirm if it is indeed true that we will be running next year at englishtown ? Have heard through the grapevine that it was being announced at the race this year and was wondering if there was any truth to it?
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
Mick Smallridge

Liked 22 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: TD national event?

Michael & everyone,

We ( the Sportsman Racer Advisory Council & N.H.R.A. ) are talking about the possibilty of Top Sportsman & Top Dragster attending 1 or 2 National events in our Division in the future. This option would be available for competitors in each Division, nothing is definite yet and Englishtown would be a tough one to be present at due to the curfews that they have. But one thing is for sure and that is these two classes have come a long ways over the years, hard to believe that Top Sportsman has been in Division 1 for five years now and Top Dragster for three. Both classes are now in all of the Divisions ( T/S was only in Div. 2,3 & 4 when we introduced it to Div.1 ) We also have the Top Sportsman invitational for the (Top 10 ) each year in Atlanta, both classes are now in the N.H.R.A. rule book and recently announced was the addition of Top Sportsman & Top Dragster to the Jegs All stars in 2010 which was huge for these two classes ! I think the future looks real brite for these two classes and if we can attend a couple of Nationals events some day that would be great, but for now I think things have moved along pretty nice. Back when we started Top Sportsman in Division 1, it had to be successful or it would not have continued ! After it proved to be a successful program Division 1 decided to add Top Dragster which has also become a great program. I want to thank everyone for supporting both of these classes, without your support we could not have accomplished what we have.
Mick Smallridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
ScottHall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The discussions that I can vouch for, NHRA is aware of the poularity and potiential of what this classes have become, and what it will bring to the National Event arena.
One of the many things the classes will bring is new contingency sponsors, and fan following. The T/S and T/D classes have more appeal to the casual fan, and is easier to explain and undertsand (not my words, but the many peopel WE are trying to get into the stands).
Many of us have alot to gain from this, and I know that like many things in this sport, it will find its way, and we can tell our children when we remember drag racing before T/S and T/D existed!
ScottHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
nhra6017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We race Top Dragster in Division six and had the luck (good or bad) to have our final round from Woodburn rain out. We finished it at the Northwest Nationals in Seattle this weekend and it was awesome!!!! The crowd actually was into the dragsters and we wvwn had pro stock crew cheifs and drivers watching the cars launch (pro stock was next in line). We are definately hoping to be able to race t/d again at a national event!

NHRA is missig the boat if they don't make t/d and t/s classes for next season and beyond. And if they did it all run that would be even cooler!

Brian Phillips JR
nhra6017 is offline   Reply With Quote