HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blog of the building of a Challenger Drag Pak

Well, not that anyone cares , I am really doing it so I keep a record of what I do on what day, for my own history of this and that.

I started a blog on our Drag Pak #24 at blogspot.

Im not going to divulge any "Secret Squirrel" stuff that I think will make us competitive but Its a running progress for anyone that cares....with pictures from time to time.

http://newhemiracing.blogspot.com/

Cheers all

Chris
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Blog of the building of a Challenger Drag Pak

Well I care and I'm interested! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Smile Re: Blog of the building of a Challenger Drag Pak

Ok, mine is @ B & B race cars in Tenn. I am working on two 5.9 for stock and ss. We will also work on the dyno on the 6.1 and 5.7. I already got lots of stuff for the driveline. We will use a 8 3/4 742 case with the special Jim Bailey treatment. We are going to paint it B5 (1970) and it will look like the 2010 Classic Pkg on the Challenger. No Decals.
Plan on running in H/SA unless with the large driver it goes into I/SA. We already got the Fast system working on our GT/FA but we don't think we are even close to the bottom. It is # 16. B & B will do the cage, rear axle, rear brakes and some other stuff. My body shop will paint the car. That's my blog. I'm too old to blog. I am not too old, however, to drink beer.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Blog of the building of a Challenger Drag Pak

Chris keep the blog going, not only instructive but fun to watch.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wondered who was getting the 5.9's last I talked to Gary Stanton they had just finished them up.....all 4 of them I think

I was kinda (sort of) dissapointed we didint order one and build it as a 6.1....oh well.....

Sounds slick.

What pro gears are you using with a 742 ? or arent you ?

Cheers

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Ok, mine is @ B & B race cars in Tenn. I am working on two 5.9 for stock and ss. We will also work on the dyno on the 6.1 and 5.7. I already got lots of stuff for the driveline. We will use a 8 3/4 742 case with the special Jim Bailey treatment. We are going to paint it B5 (1970) and it will look like the 2010 Classic Pkg on the Challenger. No Decals.
Plan on running in H/SA unless with the large driver it goes into I/SA. We already got the Fast system working on our GT/FA but we don't think we are even close to the bottom. It is # 16. B & B will do the cage, rear axle, rear brakes and some other stuff. My body shop will paint the car. That's my blog. I'm too old to blog. I am not too old, however, to drink beer.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

We have at least one 360. We aren't using a pro gear, a Jim Bailey treated gear. Probably start with a 4.88. I figure if I can't break one with my large orange barge @ 3750 lbs, the 3370 challenger should be a breeze. Park the 6.1 and use a 360. Kinda hard to park a 10-15K motor, but it ain't goin anywhere. I figure Irvin Johns will find all the details, and then we can steal them. Cheap & Easy

Last edited by Jeff Teuton; 11-24-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added something
Jeff Teuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There you go, well be pulling our motor after Gainesville and going with a more "trick" setup, well use the other as our backup. Im hoping the 2nd motor is done by then...(Im doing it so if its not its noones fault but mine)

Why the 360 out of curiosity ? I know the reasons I might have chosen it but Im curious about the people that actually did....

Chris

Quote:
We have at least one 360. We aren't using a pro gear, a Jim Bailey treated gear. Probably start with a 4.88. I figure if I can't break one with my large orange barge @ 3750 lbs, the 3370 challenger should be a breeze. Park the 6.1 and use a 360. Kinda hard to park a 10-15K motor, but it ain't goin anywhere. I figure Irvin Johns will find all the details, and then we can steal them. Cheap & Easy
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

We ran that motor for years in T/STK. Have run as fast as 9.52 @ 138 with it @ 2900 lbs in our Duster that we currently run in GT/FA. With the old T/STK motor with narrowed runners and dome pistons removed we ran 9.85 @ 132 @ 3075 lbs in GT/FA @ Reynolds in Oct. and it is now EFI Fast System. Still on 9" tires, still footbraking. Funny that the 360 combo was almost exactly what we ran for years. The cam is just north of legal for stock eliminator and has stock hydraulic rollers. So I thought I would try the motor in H/SA. I don't think I can get it to minimum cause I weigh just south of 300.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
D.Holly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Blog of the building of a Challenger Drag Pak

Please keep the thread going. I'm a big fan of the new Challengers and really enjoy hearing the inside scoop.
D.Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
I will be doing #53. I have thinking about everything from replicating my Tor-Red 2010 classic to the team colors from the 90's like my truck. Or something entirely different. Jeff what are you going to run for rims to create the classic look?

Eric