HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Angry Ford cj, and nhra at it again!!!!

Once again they just don't care about anybody but themselfs, The 2008 CJ'S are rated at 439hp and the new and inproved 2010 CJ'S are in the books now at 435hp. why don't they just come out and tell everybody with an old car to stay home or just remove the old cars from the guild. Thats what they want anyway. Even at there current HP they can run deep in the 9's in A/SA trim and mid to low 9's in AA/SA trim witch is about 4 to 5 tens faster than any old combo out there.
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: Ford cj, and nhra at it again!!!!

Cry cry cry that is all you people know how to do on this board. I will let you in on a little fact about STK and SS, they have never been fair and will never be fair. God for bid a new combo be light to start with. If a combo was not somewhat light to start with who would build one? Look at all the LS1 and what they were rated at 8 years ago. Heck Randy Wilkes just went 10.18 in B/SA (even after all the HP hits) talk about a combo that was light to start with. How come people like John Shaul and Jimmy Defrank are not bitc$ing about these new cars. These are two of the fastest cars in A and AA and yet I do not hear them crying about the new CJ's & DP cars week after week.

RULER do you even have a race car (that fits SS or STK)? Try using you real name next time.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Charlie,
The man makes an honest point. nhra is supposed to rate these cars fairly. It is very obvious to everyone in the auto sports world that they are not. Now you can come on here and whine all you want about people who do not agree with you or the nhra but it isn't going to change what is going on here. You should ask nhra to comment on your remarks about the system not being fair. I don't think you'll find anyone at nhra who will publicly embrace the concept of a racing organization producing unfair rules for it's competitors. How's the Mustang project coming a long?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Smile Re: Ford cj, and nhra at it again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Charlie,
Now you can come on here and whine all you want about people who do not agree with you or the nhra but it isn't going to change what is going on here.
Bruce -- You're right -- its not going to change -- the system has worked this way from the days of the '57 Chevies with Fuel Injection and Hydro sticks right thru the days of the 1980's Oldsmobile 307 cars and into ninties with the LT and LS1 engines And now we have the Mustang's to contend with ............no brand stays on top forever .

BTW , is this really you writing ? A new kinder , gentler version perhaps .....................
Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
.....nhra is supposed to rate these cars fairly.
I don't remember reading that in the rule book. I believe that the HP submitted it is up to the manufacturer. I don't believe that it says they have to be fair either.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Bruce how is the CJ rated any different than other cars in the past? Most combos are soft to start with what is the big deal. Our sport has needed a shot in the arm like this for many years now and between the CJ and DP cars that just what we have gotten. You guys don’t see the big picture and how this will help our sport grow for years to come.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

As I was informed by an individual at NHRA. Ford knows how to play the game.
You all got that. Now what are you all going to do about it. Nothing. And Ford knows it and so does NHRA. Ford knows how to play the game. Game, Set, Match.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA I have to watch for Caddy's
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Guys,
I really don't care about the past record of nhra competitor abuses. Just because people got away with abuse of power in the past does not mean they are entitled to get away with it today. The rules of any organization are fair game for debate and no amount of bluster can cover the smell of foul rules. Not in today's world.

Since it is really no big deal to you guys, why don't we ask nhra to publish a statement that says: nhra does not pretend or intend to treat all Sportsman competitors fairly. I'm sure they will rush this little diddy to the presses.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,094 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Bruce how is the CJ rated any different than other cars in the past? Most combos are soft to start with what is the big deal. Our sport has needed a shot in the arm like this for many years now and between the CJ and DP cars that just what we have gotten. You guys don’t see the big picture and how this will help our sport grow for years to come.

Charley,
Why don't you show us all of this positive press we're all getting from the new cars? Outside of Ford, NHRA, and to a lesser extent, Mopar, there hasn't been any. Further, show us all the added money and support we're all getting, because no one else has been able to do that, either.

Car counts are down, payouts are down, we're losing races and tracks in Division 2, and there hasn't been any good news in quite some time.

The big picture? You mean the continual drop in contingency payouts? Or the new "environmental fees"? Or the increase in entry, certification, license, and membership fees? Or the lack of purse increases? Or the poor track prep?

No one is buying it. The new cars are not bringing thousands, hundreds, or even dozens of new spectators. Very few are being built or bought by new participants. They aren't bringing more coverage from any form of media, either.

So we have these new cars. So, did NHRA increase the quotas for Stock or Super Stock substantially? No, but they added two new classes. Is that the "big picture"?

Charley, people like you keep telling us all to be grateful for what the new cars are bringing us, and to look at the "big picture". But so far, none of you have been able to present the slightest evidence of this improvement of the "big picture". By all means, show us all the facts about all of this wonderful improvement we're getting, I'm sure we're all ready for some good news.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,094 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
I don't remember reading that in the rule book. I believe that the HP submitted it is up to the manufacturer. I don't believe that it says they have to be fair either.
It is up to NHRA to accept, reject, or revise the rating. There's nothing in the submission process that says NHRA has to take any OEM at their word, either.