no problem Ed. have a safe and happy thanksgiving
Old 11-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Ihra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
I can't argue with you there. On top of that, at least in recent years, they've also had Baton Rouge on top of a Div. 9 race. Not that there's many Carolina guys who would drive to Baton Rouge, but I would go support the National if there wasn't a Pro-Am in my back yard. Last year, I skipped a single Pro-Am in my state to drive 8 hrs to hit a double Pro-Am in Alabama. Double-headers really open up the schedule, but somehow they still seem to have a lot of conflicts.
My guess is that it will be another race with 10-15 stockers and super stockers, and probably not many more "super" cars. Michael, I'm not sure if you have someone's ear at IHRA, but they really are cutting their own throat doing this.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #23
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woods View Post
Mike,
the race at palm beach this weekend is not an IHRA points meet or nat'l. It is a special race put on by the track itself. I will be running the s/ss part of the race for them just as I did last year.Good luck at south ga. this weekend and pass it on to all the guys.
Jim, I sincerely wish you good luck with that race. I hope you have a good car count.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #24
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Thanks Jim I need all the luck I can get. Its been a rough year for parts breakage. I wish both tracks would have coordinated better on these two races. I think it would have been in both of their best interests. I would have run both. Being they are both combo races this year I dont think either one will have a large turn out. Most guys dont like the combo deal except for the die hard SSSSA racers. See you in Palm Beach for the first race of the season
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #25
Jim Woods

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

thank you Chad, not sure what to expect, I know Manny will be driving my stocker there, hoping for a repeat win . lots of variables affecting this weekend as far as car counts. I am just happy we all still have choices in the sport we love so much.Good luck to everyone no matter where you race.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #26
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Re: Ihra

I welcome IHRA back to the great northwest and like the fact that the racers now have a choice of sanctioning bodies to run under. You will definitely see me at Eagle Motorplex in the years to come.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #27
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
My guess is that it will be another race with 10-15 stockers and super stockers, and probably not many more "super" cars.
Great, let's go there! "Easy money".... right?

Quote:
Michael, I'm not sure if you have someone's ear at IHRA, but they really are cutting their own throat doing this.
No, I do not. The best thing you can do would be to call, write or e-mail Skooter. Everyone's contact info is available here:
http://www.ihra.com/contact.php I can talk til I'm blue... I'm just one voice, and I don't represent everyone's opinion, obviously. They need to hear from YOU, all of you. If you don't provide them with feedback, they can only guess at what you want or think.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #28
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Ihra

Quote:

No, I do not. The best thing you can do would be to call, write or e-mail Skooter. Everyone's contact info is available here:
http://www.ihra.com/contact.php I can talk til I'm blue... I'm just one voice, and I don't represent everyone's opinion, obviously. They need to hear from YOU, all of you. If you don't provide them with feedback, they can only guess at what you want or think.
Email SKOOTER.......LOL ! Thats funny and I dont care who your are.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:

Michael, you're reading my mind, besides Baton Rouge is closer to the house by at least half the distance.